Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Current queue length

jynx67
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm just curious. Are the old times for queue status the same (7-10 days), or have they been extended due to the staff being so busy with cleaning up Mage?
Metamuse
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
The time length we are trying to keep at 7 days, but with Mage being new it is taking longer. We also had several admins choose not to work queue anymore so we are trying to compensate for that too.

Oh and there's only 104 submissions in queue. Smile

cmwinters
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
What's the current queue length?

I have five chapters of my story in queue - they've been there going on two weeks.

I know you guys have had any myriad of problems, but I'm genuinely worried about the queue.

Not that I'm volunteering (I sitll get corrections sent back to me *wink*), but has there been any thought to hiring additional mods so those of you who are working the queue aren't so snowed under?
celisnebula
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Hi CM,

Please be patient bit longer with the queue time. I do realize the length of time has been excessive as of late, but unfortunately there aren't as many queue adminstrators as there once was, and the ones we do have on staff are working their arses off to clean out the line.

If there are any problems with any of the chapters you have uploaded recently, the administrator who pulls your story from the queue will contact you.

Thank you,
Celisnebula

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caeria
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't come across as sounding ugly because I don't mean it that way. I'm just trying to explain the frustration with the queue situation, at least on my part.

I've mentioned this before but it was never addressed by any of the admins. Since queue times are taking longer than they used to, would it be possible to either change the documentation under Help (because it doesn't help to alleviate frustration levels when the help docs still say 7 days and you are way past that) or to put a note on the front page that says that queue times are in excess of normal and will remain that way for the next [6] months.

I realize that there is only so much you can do, but pleas of patience while not actually telling us anything doesn't help. If I know up front that the wait time is 14 days, then I'm good with that. If I know up front that the queue has 104 stories in it, I'm good with that too, even if I don't necessarily know where I'm located in the 104 stories.

But vague answers or no answers and the aforementioned pleas for patience just irk me because they tell me nothing.

Caeria
celisnebula
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately there isn't a real estimated time frame, as of right now, as far as how long the queue will take. Believe me, I do completely understand your frustration, and I wish I could give you a definite answer, but I just don't have access to that information.

I know that there was a post made on the front page stating that the queue time was taking longer than the usual 7 day period. How much longer, I just don't know. I do know that there are a lot of stories waiting to be read over, how many I can't say since, again, I do not have access to that area.

What I do know (which isn't much I'm afraid) is that RL is kicking the butt of the majority of our queue administrators and our webmistress. They are honestly trying to get things back to the normal time frame, I just do not know when that will happen.

Celis

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cmwinters
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
Just for the record, I had a story sit *about* three weeks in queue, and then it was approved.

I've also gotten a *TON* of OWL messages lately, so someone's been plodding through the queue of late. I know RaeWhit is one of them, because she did my story. \o/

I'm sure she has help (well, I sure HOPE she has help!!!) Shocked

So I'd say, three weeks to a month-ish? Most of the authors I've encountered seem perfectly fine with a day or a month or a year or anything in between, so long as they can know to expect it to be a day or a month or a year. Smile
Caeria
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quote
I know I would feel better if I knew that the reality of the situation was 4 weeks instead of 7 days. However, I also have to say that I'm starting to lose patience and it doesn't surprise me that both readers and authors are leaving Sycophant Hex and going instead to OWL and PP.
cmwinters
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote
When I said OWL messages, I meant the messages you can send out on SH to notify you when a story is updated.

I also hosted at TPP for a long time, and this has nothing to do with SH. Likewise, my hosting at SH has nothing to do with the fact that I don't host at Tauri.
celisnebula
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Caeria,

While I can certainly understand your frustrations, there really is no real way to tell how fast the queue will run. It depends on how many submission there are for every category, how many of those subsmission have to be corrected, and then how many administrators there are available to read. From my own personal experience, I would say that the queues are running close to 3 weeks behind. Though that is not an offical time frame, due to the reasons I stated above. There is also the added fact that sometimes the adminstrators have problems with the Mage program as well, so that can also lead to a delay.

I know that the adminstrators and the programmer are doing everything that can to fix the bugs and problems that Mage currently has.

Trust me, the adminstrators and the programmer understand how frustrating this entire process has been and they are working to fix those problems.

Thank you,
Celisnebula (currently volunteering for the help desk)