Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  narcissa/hermione (or possibly lucius/hermione); darkfic

snarkysnape
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Feb 2005 Posts: 4 Location: California University of Pennslyvania
I haven't been able to write anything in quite a while...I think college has eaten my attention span. I have an idea that's been floating around for the past two days and won't leave me alone. This is rather specific, but feel free to take what you like.

Here's what I envision:

The alarms in Hogwarts go off, and Hermione is apparated (not by her own accord) to a muggle location unknown to anyone by Dumbledore. (My thoughts were that she was planning to fight and Harry insisted she be kept safe, so she was not informed she would be sent with the rest of the students). Hermione is alone, for whatever reason you decide, but the other students were also apparated and are most likely in groups.

Hermione's muggle isolation is lonely, small, and increasingly frustrating. She has muggle supplies for a month, and the story begins either on the alarms or on her 28th day in isolation. She cannot use magic, has heard no news of the battle, and cannot leave the single, small room she is confined to.

Her lonliness, her fears for the worst after she has not been notified or recovered, her anger at being left out and being alone, are palpatable. She is raw, drawn to extremes and emotionally unstable. Depression sets in as she struggles not to give up hope.

She is discovered by Lucius Malfoy, who tells her that the war is over, Voldemort has won, and Harry Potter is dead. Whether this is true or just a psychological tactic is up to you, as is whether or not Hermione believes it. Keep in mind she has had no news, believes herself to be in a secure location, and now in the hands of a very-much-alive Death Eater.

Malfoy takes her prisoner, and begins torturing her, mentally, physically, emotionally and, most of all, sexually. This is where the potential for a lucius/hermione pairing occurs, though my preference would be for narcissa/hermione...

During Lucius' absences, Hermione is visted secretly by Narcissa, who is much more of a victim than we usually envision her to be. Knowing her husband's tactics, she cares for Hermione, possibly craving another caring soul, possibly merely to soothe the girl as she had no one for herself. The two grow to have a relationship, and due to the dark and harsh edge I imagine the story to have, I would make it intense, psychological, needy, and perhaps disturbing. The ending is entirely up in the air. Will Narcissa leave Hermione to her husband's devices? Will she free her? What is her motivation; what can she gain?

I wish I had the time and attention span to actually sit down and *create*, but, alas, I have so much college crap to do. Please let me know if you're interested or thinking of writing this plot. I'd love to beta or help with ideas. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address