Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers (PI Accredited)  ~  Come Over to the Dark and Angsty Side! PI Accredited

LoneStarVamp
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Introduction: Following is my basic information for those who may be interested in using my beta services:

Name or Penname: LoneStarVamp
Email: lonestarvamp@mugglenet.com
PI Accredited Number: 2058264223

Beta Experience: I'm a new PI beta, but have already been working with a number of authors from various HP fan fic sites.

Writing Experience: My favorite writing genre is poetry. I've recently been trying my hand at poems set within the HP universe and have published them on several different HP fan fic websites.

Personal Website: None at this time.
Ratings: Any fics below NC-17.
Ships: Any, including slash.
Categories/Genres: Any

Strengths as beta reader: Basic spelling, grammar, etc.; plot construction, character development, psychological angst, dialogue.
Weakness: Need to improve my Briticisms!
Dislikes: Extremely graphic violence/gore, explicit description of sexual acts, bestiality.

Any additional notes: I prefer to beta complete stories or chapters that are 5,000 words or less.

brenamarie
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:45 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently completed my first HP fanfic. It's a Hermione/Severus one-shot song fic. The story is a little over 3,000 words. The song used is "Savin' Me" by Nickelback. I have attempted to post it to Ashwinder 3 times, and have been denied all three times. I'm inches away from giving up on the blasted thing, but part of me just won't let it rest until I see it posted...

I did have a beta reader, but obviously I need someone else to edit it. It's not really angsty though, I mean it has it's moments but it's not the main category. I've never had to do this before, so I'm not sure how to go about "hiring" you... I'd really appreciate your help. If you're interested please email me....

angels_karenlyn@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
~Karen
MithLuin
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:19 am Reply with quote
I have a longish story in need of a beta. It's 10 chapters (50,000+ words), and I would like someone else to take a look at it before I consider submitting it. I began writing it after finishing HBP, because (like everyone!) I wanted to know "What is Snape's deal?" I'm not sure my story answers that question, but it certainly does explore it. There is torture and death in this (my main characters are all Death Eaters!), so if that will squick you out, you may not want to read it.

This is a busy time of year, so I am looking for a beta for after Christmas or in the New Year. Please let me know if you are interested!

Name: MithLuin
Email: mithluin@hotmail.com
Story title: Metanoia - The Conversion of Severus Snape
Summary: Snape's decisions from his graduation from Hogwarts until Halloween 1981.
Rating: B
Category/Genres: Angst/Drama
Ship: No romance to speak of, but pairings include Lucius/Narcissa, Bellatrix/Rodolphus and James/Lily
Warnings: Torture and Character Death
LoneStarVamp
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your interest in my beta services. Due to time constraints, I'm not offering beta services at this time; however, anyone who wishes to use a PI Accredited Beta can visit www.perfectimagination.co.uk and request a beta reader at no charge.

Regards, LSV

MithLuin
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your prompt reply! I will check out that site....