Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  British Beta

LogicalQuirk
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname: LogicalQuirk - you can call me Lauren.

Email: logical_quirk@hotmail.co.uk

Beta Experience: No fanfic as of yet, but I have read other stories and essays for people. I'm hoping somebody will give me the chance to do some online beta work.

Writing Experience: I'm not really much of a 30 chapter epic writer, but I play with poems and drabbles from time to time.

Ratings: I'm pretty open minded!

Ships: Again, open minded in terms of characters, het or slash, although my favourite stories all involve the wonderful Severus Snape, preferably with Hermione. I'd be willing to give any other ships a go though, as the most important thing is a good story.

Categories/Genres: I tend to read romance, humour and other such fluffy things. Occasionally I find myself in the mood for some angsty reading as well.

Strengths as beta reader: Very good at grammar, syntax and lexis. I'm from just outside London, so I'm a good brit-picker as well.

Weakness: I can be fairly harsh when I get going - some think that's a bad thing! Wink Also, it must be said that although I will try my very best to be speedy (within 48 hours) I can't give you a guarantee on that.

Dislikes: Please don't ask that I beta any Mpreg... it just freaks me out a little Shocked sorry!

*Supporting Severus Snape*
Dear Me
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Dear LogicalQuirk,

Hello! I noticed your message and thought I'd give you a reply. Coincidentially, while you're looking for an author, I'm looking for a beta. Smile

Name: Katie -- my penname's Dear Me

Email: whatisscience@yahoo.com

Story title: My Mid-Year Crisis

Summary: Hermione is tired of keeping Ginny's crush on their
Potions master a secret. But when the oh-so-frightening Snape starts to turn too soft for Ginny's taste, Hermione begins to wonder why he is acting so un-Snape like. One-shot.

Rating: B (PG-13)

Category/Genres: Humor/Romance

Ship: Hermione/Snape (SSHG)

Warnings: Slight student/teacher romance

At the least, I hope you can give me a reply, whether it be in this forum or in e-mail, it doesn't matter. Very Happy

Hope to be your first beta-fanfic experience,
Dear Me
Hydroc
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm looking for someone to Beta my first story. It's not SS (HP/GW actually) and it's about halfway done. Really I want help improving my writing, so you can as harsh as you want!

Title: Wonderful Day

Rating:L

Genres: PWP, Romance

It's over 1700 words and what I have is solid technically, but like I said I want to improve my writing. You said you read romance so maybe you can help me out.

My e-mail is hycl@streamproductions.net

Hydroc

Last edited by Hydroc on Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
blu mya
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Hello im looking for a beta to read my fan fic, its only a ficlette and is quite short (about 800 words)

Name: Jaki

Email: jacqi3@hotmail.com

Story Title: The Remembrall

Characters: Hermione, Ron, Harry

Summery: The war is over and the Golden Trio is now two! Hermione and her remaining friend try desperately not to remember the death of the third, the one that poor Hermione had just begin to date. However she finds herself staring into the red orb trying to remember what she had forgotten about him ...

Rating: C (i think)

I hope that you can help me! I really need a beta and all advice you can give (no matter what) is welcome because this is my very first fan fic and i would like it to be good!

Thank you if you can help

Jaki ^_^ Very Happy Smile

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:09 am Reply with quote
Hello!

I've written a story that is 10 chapters (50,000+ words) focusing on Snape from the time he graduates from Hogwarts until the Halloween night that Voldemort kills the Potters. Basically, it investigates all the questions I had after finishing HBP Wink. There is no romance (sorry!), but plenty of torture and death (what can I say, all my main characters are Death Eaters!) Angst/Drama, Rating: B

Title: Metanoia - The Conversion of Severus Snape

I'd like to have a beta read over my story before I consider posting.
This is a busy time of year, of course, so I am really looking for someone after Christmas or in the new year. My e-mail is mithluin at hotmail.com

Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks.