Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Techie/browser problem with Illusions??

fawkes_07
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Hi, this is probably beyond what you guys usually answer, but I'm stumped!

I'm having a DEVIL of a time looking at the Illusions page for very weird, inconstant, and hard-to-describe reasons. Basically the main album page comes up all right. But once I've opened a few albums, some of the thumbnails stop loading--just a gray square comes up where the picture should be. No amount of clicking or hitting "Refresh" will bring up either the thumb or the full-size picture that goes with it.

A few rounds of that and suddenly NO pictures on ANY page will load--as I type this, the little Emoticons are not visible and my browser claims to still be loading 30 more items. Gee, I wonder which ones...

The only thing that seems to coax up more images is to clear my cookies and internet temp files. The next time I log in, I'll get a few new thumbs and pictures to work, but very soon it'll be stuck again.

Little help?? My best guess is that there's some problem with my browser interacting with the file rendering system on this site. (I'm running IE 6). Have you guys heard of this before? Anyone? I'm thinking there must be some image temp folder that's getting way too full and needs to get cleared out, but for some unknown reason (i.e. Microsoft Sux), it has to be emptied manually...

Any clue would be much appreciated. Thanks.

--J
MaddyRiddle
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Not techie at all, but did you try putting a bigger number for the amount of MB for your temp files/cache?

Tools > Options > general > temp files : Settings

Sorry if it's not exactly the name you see in your browser, I have IE in Spanish, so I tried to translate it.

fawkes_07
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I tried that, but it didn't really seem to make a difference. Thanks for suggesting it, though--and for figuring out the English translation!