Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  SS/HG(het) Hermione leaves Severus

carmenahermione
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking for this one for a while, but for the life of me, I can't even remember the title. In the story, Hermione finally leaves Severus after apparently many attempts on his part to push her away. It seems the war is over and Severus thinks they now have no reason to be together and its best they lead separate lives now. After Severus leaves after another fight, Hermione packs up, leaving the place as if she's never been there and leaves a note on the bed that says "I wish I could kiss you goodbye" or something like that. Apparently, although they've been together, Snape has never really kissed her. She returns to her own appartment, where she remains in bed for a long time, miserably thinking about Severus and who he's with. When she finally decides to get up and move on, she opens her front door to find Severus there standing in the rain. They finally share their first kiss in the rain. But it was not exactly a promise that they were back together. I don't remember if that was the end of the story or the end of a chapter. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
journeymom
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:00 am Reply with quote
Hmm. Maybe. Does Hermione give up trying to elicit affection from Severus, so she starts up her own business in Hogsmead? I'll try to look it up when I'm not a jittery insomniac.
carmenahermione
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quote
I really don't remember. It was a good while ago. It seems there are a few really good fics that have vanished from the Web, but no one seems to have ever read this one. Now it's kind of bothering me - I may be a little eccentric, but I'm fairly certain I didn't imagine this one.
im2sleepy2
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:26 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 207 Location: Illinois, USA
carmenahermione wrote:
I really don't remember. It was a good while ago. It seems there are a few really good fics that have vanished from the Web, but no one seems to have ever read this one. Now it's kind of bothering me - I may be a little eccentric, but I'm fairly certain I didn't imagine this one.

Nope, you didn't imagine it. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of this one either. And it is a pretty good one.

I'll check over my favorites and see if I can find it.

I agree about the missing fics over the web.

I am desperately trying to find "The Price We Pay" on Ashwinder it was by MistyLuna and on fanfiction.net she went by MistyEyedLuna. Or maybe the other way around but either way I can't find it anywhere!
im2sleepy2
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 207 Location: Illinois, USA
I'm not sure if this is it or not but this is one where Hermione leaves Severus but it is kind of a song fic

http://archive.sycophanthex.com/search.php?p=results&a=n

Please let me know if this is it or not, as I said, I'm not sure. I will continue to look and see if I can find any others.

Oh, and here are the other 2 that go along with it

http://archive.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?id=9405

http://archive.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?id=9414

Happy Reading!!!
Sleepy Wink
LadyJaneGrey
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:39 am Reply with quote
Ooooh, I know the one you are talking about, with the business in Hogsmeade...or was it Diagon Alley? Anyways, if anyone does know what that fic is called, its one where Hermione and Severus are married under the ML and Sev was under a curse where he had to have sex regularly and was working on a cure for it for a while. After the cure has been found, Hermione goes to San Francisco (I think - or somewhere like that) comes back all deternmined and starts a business. It ends with him apologising and her inviting him to some party.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:20 am Reply with quote
I'm sure it is not the fic you were talking about, but the one LadyJaneGrey was mentioning is An Inconvinient Marriage by Imhilien http://archive.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?id=6769

The other sounds familiar, but I can't remember it.
LadyJaneGrey
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:25 am Reply with quote
Oh Lord, yes, of course its not that. I don't know what I was thinking! But thanks, Maddy, cos I've remembered to add that to my favourites now!

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 am Reply with quote
Darn it, no leads. I had forgotten about my search until I got an email saying I had a private message. But there's nothing in my inbox. Then I crossed my fingers and thought I'd look here just in case. Alas, earwax!

I'm having a difficult time with fanfiction these days. What with the big archive sites' new renovations, pretty much all my favorites that were written years ago have disappeared. And there are just too many to sift through to find any new rare gems. At least I'll always have the smuts. But even then I just impatiently scroll past attempts at plot. I feel like I should be joining some sort of support group. Marrach, where are you!! Temporary Insanity, please end my madness!! Okay, rant over.
celtic
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote
HI,

Maybe you have managed to find again the story, but in case you didn't...
I have just read this fic.

Here is the link
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2082582/1/

The title is "Bittersweet" by Your Worshipfulness.

Cheers,

Celtic Very Happy