Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Beta here, ready and willing.

hp4freek
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname:hp4freek (Jamie)

Email: hp4freek@yahoo.com

Beta Experience: I'm new, it's true, but I've been reading and writing my own stuff for about a year now.

Writing Experience: Well, I've mostly done drabbles so far, but am currently working on my own chaptered story.

Ratings: I enjoy reading and writing anything from G to NC17 (C to L on Ashwinder, etc.), but honestly prefer the hotter stuff (although if good, I'll cry and laugh with a G-rated piece).

Ships: I write mostly HG/SS stuff, but read anything I get my hands on, and with a good story, I'll fall in love with any ship. I've just learned of my love for slash, so I'm definitely willing to venture further down that avenure.

Categories/Genres: Same is true here (I read anything), but Humor and Romance stories have a special place in my heart.

Strengths as beta reader: My strengths are in spelling and grammer, as well as constructive criticism. I'll be as honest as you want me to be, but I'm not harsh. I'm good at spotting an out-of-Canon character, and can help you keep within the guidelines of JKR. I'm also not a Brit, sorry, I tried, but I'm still in TX.

Weakness: My weakness is mostly that I'm not a Brit.

Dislikes: I haven't found many stories that I dislike, unless they're poorly written, but that's why I'm here. Extremely heavy angst stories (i.e. no happy ending) depress me, but I love reading them still, I just don't know how good I can be with plot help.

Any additional notes: Right now, I have quite a bit of time on my hands, so I'm ideal for a beta reader. I can return most things within a day or two.

Thanks,
Jamie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TradeWind
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Jamie -- sent you an email about my story. Looking for a beta reader for chapter two. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a million.
Paul (TradeWinds) Smile
samuraiwoman
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Hi Jamie, I sent an email to you with the summary of my fanfic which needs to be beta read. I hope to read from you soon. Thanks a lot,
Beth
hallowsnape
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:58 am Reply with quote
Hello, this is hallowsnape, thank you for the reply...I was sort of nervous that no one would answer, I will email you the first two chapters and we can go from there.
Thanks