Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Must...beta.....arrrgggarrrahhh!

evil_zoot
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quote
Well, my user name is evil_zoot and you can contact me :
e-mail: i.love.men.in.kilts@gmail.com
msn messneger: acherontia_atropos3@hotmail.com
and ICQ :92627017

beta experience: I beta read english papers and articles for my friends; I also go over their french papers, though I must warn you: my french may not be the best in the world but it has let me pick out mistakes in the english language no one really finds!

writing experience: I myself have written X-Files fanfiction since the age of 12 and I have written Charlie's Angels (the movie) fan fiction as well. None of my fanfiction for either genre has been "published" via the internet as I do not have the time to flesh out my stories and have them betaed; I'm too much of a perfectionist.
As well as fan fiction writing experience, I'm an english major at a french university. That being said I'm also a history major. You ask yourselves, well what does this mean? This means that I write papers for english courses, french courses and history courses on a regular basis.

ratings: anything, I'm not picky! Very Happy

ships: I'm a strong HG/SS shipper, but if you think your story is really good, I'll take a peek at it for you!

categories/genres: I'm not picky here unless the story is very AU or a badly written parody. I love humour but there are few parodies I've read that I could stomache.

strengths: I've been heavily ( very heavily) trained grammatically and I read a lot in my spare time: I do well with sentence structures, paragraph structures; excellent spellerand sometimes, story lines.

weakness: I am a student. I do go to class. My weakness very well could be that I'm taking an english class! How ironical! (ironic isn't technically a word so HA! the word is ironical. Strange but true!)

dislikes: bad parodies, plaigirism and if the author doesn't take the time to read their own work before sending it to me.
Diana
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 am Reply with quote
Head Moderator Joined: 04 Jan 2005 Posts: 116
Hi,

Welcome to Sycophant Hex. Please take a moment to review our posting rules and guidelines before posting in the future. Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are all requirements for posting on these boards.

I would also like to mention that while we can all appreciate your eagerness to advertise your services as a beta reader, proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure are all important components required to take on the task. I would suggest editing your post to reflect not only our site rules, but also the position that you are seeking.

In the future, all posts that do not adhere to Sycophant Hex's posting guidelines and policies will be deleted without notice or cause given.

Thank You,
Diana
SH Moderator