Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Library  ~  Quirenius or Quirinius?

Overhill
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Help!

Just found this out today...

SH's Canon List of Words (and the title of my current series at Lumos) has Professor's Quirrell's first name with an "E", the HP Lexicon has it without! His first name is not in the book, but on a (JKR approved?) trading card I've never seen. Google seems to favor with the "I" (610 lists to 568, or 567 minus my entry. This man is NOT popular....)

Has anyone seen a JKR original wording? Not something from a reporter, but from her own website, or where she personally would have spelled it? Or will the Canon List be changed...?

...AND I just found out that the Lexicon has it with an "E" on the faculty page...

Thanks for your help on this; I know you're all busy with the move and real life....

Overhill
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Nevermind...I'll use them both!

After some thought and Googling, I'm going to keep the one with the "E"with the spelling at Lumos, and put the story with the "I" on another site. That way, anyone looking for him under either spelling will find him! (As if anyone ever would go looking for him.... Rolling Eyes)