Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Leaky Cauldron  ~  Illegal Activity at Whispers/ThePotionsMaster.net

jynx67
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Just saw this posted on LJ by joyous trouble and thought it should be posted here. This is quite illegal since no author will be advised that their story has been used. Plus, if the admins of the archives mentions have not given permission, that's pretty darn illegal too.

The Whispers Archives new TOS:

All users agree to the folowing terms of service.
All rights are retained by the author to the ownership of the piece of work and he/she is responsible for the content of said work.
Thepotionsmater.net and its affiliates will from time to time do batch imports from other archive sites to maintain a complete collection of Granger / Snape works.
Sites from which stories are imported from include but are not limited to:
OWL
FanFiction.net
RestrictedSection
WIKTT
SH
TPP
AFF
TPM
IPD
FA

When stories are imported they are listed under the author name that is listed on the site they were imported from unless said author already exists under another name in the whispers database. In that case the most populated name will be used.
When stories are imported reviews are not imported with the stories due to time and space limitations.
Completed stories will be mirrored to hgss.impuredesires.net.
Any questions or coments can be directed to hermione@thepotionsmaster.net

Affiliate of HP Writing Resources

ThePotionsMaster.net is an unofficial Harry Potter fan site and in no way implies any affiliation with JK Rowling, Warner Bros, Scholastic Books, or EA Games. Content of this site is intended for use as a resource for fans of the Harry Potter books and films to express their views. No money is being made by the Administrator or Staff of ThePotionsMaster.net. Any views expressed in any stor, on the forums or any related postings are the views of the individual members and are not necessarily the views of the Webmistress or staff. Please don't sue us; we are only here to pay homage. Posting here indicates user agrees to terms of service.

ThePotionsMaster.net is currently undergoing renovations and is owned and maintained by Hermione
Metamuse
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:00 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
Heads up everyone!

"Hermione" the new "owner of Whispers" has shut down the site already. Please do not panic, the problem has been solved as far as I can tell. People are taking actions now so this does not continue.

For more information it is on WIKTT but I strongly recommend on not commenting on it as it is technically an OT post on WIKTT and we do not want to break the rules there.

Yes, I admit I did it myself and I have apologized to the mods for it.

Metamuse

Metamuse
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
http://metamuse.livejournal.com/244752.html

Update.