Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  I don't know if this is a challenge or plot bunny...

sara lady dalian
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:27 am Reply with quote
But it could be funny...

There are several people, muggle-borns and half-bloods, that have enjoyed some of the more memorable items in muggle culture. What if they got together and tried to replicate them? What if Hermione wanted to make the most popular muggle soft drink, or soemthing of that sort? What would happen if they got caught?

I must admit when the scene plays out in my head I always have Hermione making Coca-Cola in Snape's lab after-hours and getting caught. How would she explain to him what it was she was doing? What would happen if he tried it?

*hehehehe

Anyway - I just never get around to writting it - but would love to read it. Maybe someone will take me up on this.

Lots of happy reading!
Sara
Cat Feral
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:49 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 Posts: 23 Location: Northern California
I suspect he would gag on the syrupy sweetness. Actually, I suspect he wouldn't try it, even after running tests to make sure it was harmless. I just wonder if he'd find a way to use it as a punishment. Perhaps he'd tell Hermione that since she was so eager to make the stuff -- after hours in his potions lab without permission -- that he wanted to see her drink it. All of it. Now. (and bear in mind, she's brewed up enough for half the muggle-borns in the school!) Shocked Surprised

crazy_kat
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Considering that coca-cola can be used to clean rust and grease off of car parts, I doubt that Snape would want any part of it after discovering what the ingrediants are.

I'd be scared if someone asked me to drink something that corrosive and sugar filled - except that I do...

Maybe have Hermione try and talk Snape into seeing the finer points of soft-drinks?

... seeing as how her parents are dentists, would she even have drank them pre-Hogwarts? Would they have been allowed in the house?
Cat Feral
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 Posts: 23 Location: Northern California
They might not be allowed in the house, but sooner or later a kid has opportunities to eat or drink things outside of the house that their parents may not have approved. I don't know if Hermione had any friends before she came to Hogwarts (the impression the books give is that she was probably seen as a geeky little bookworm) but if she had even one friend, that might have been all it took for her to have the occational coke at her friend's house. Or at a school party. Or...