Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Un-squick-able beta for hire!

Sulwen
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:55 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: Sulwen

Email: F_horn_girl314@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: My own fics, and dozens of English papers for friends and classmates. If it helps, I received a 5 (the top score) on the high school AP English exam, and a 36 on both the English and Reading sections of the ACT.

Writing Experience: I write fanfiction as well as original fiction, and I keep a journal. I've also gotten high grades and high praise on all the writing I've done for my college Honors English classes.

Personal Website: I don't have one, but my Livejournal is under the same username I have here.

Ratings: All

Ships: My favorite is SS/HG, but I'm willing to beta anything and everything (including slash).

Categories/Genres: My favorites are romance, angst, and PWP, but again, I'll beta it all!

Strengths as beta reader: Grammar and spelling, as well as general nitpicking about plot, characters, pacing, continuity, and other technical and stylistic issues.

Weakness: Canon and "Britishisms." I've only ever read the series once through, so don't expect me to know every detail from the canon.

Dislikes: Nothing that I can think of, though I'm not a huge fan of the HP/SS pairing. In fact, I don't really like Harry at all. I'll still beta stories involving him, though. Edit: After further thought, there is one thing that really irks me. Mpreg. It's just not cool.

Any additional notes: As I said in the subject line, you'll be hard pressed to find something that squicks me. I don't care how unorthodox the pairing is or how strange the fetish is - I'll beta it (and probably enjoy it). I'll also be happy to research anything you're unsure about in the fetish world.

I'm willing to take a look at things most betas don't want to mess with. If you have a Mary Sue or a terribly OOC story on your hands and you want to fix it, send it to me and we'll see if we can get it to work.

I'll also beta fics from other fandoms and original fiction.

Reply or email me if anyone out there is interested!

-J.R.R. Tolkien
sariah snape
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
i need a beta for a ss/hg fic I am writing... vamp vic... interested?

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Sure. Email me whenever you've got something written. Smile

-J.R.R. Tolkien
edwards9mmbutterfly
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quote
I'm looking for a beta for a short SS/HG PWP fic I've just finished (around 2,500 words).

I'd just like someone to give it a once over before I submit, help me make sure my characters actions and words are as in character as can be expected (with a PWP, anyway), that everything flows, etc.

If you feel like taking me up, my email is edwards9mmbutterfly@tiscali.co.uk

Want a new icon? For free? Go Here!
mugglemom
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I have a HP/HG story I need betaed. Are you interested?