Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  Eve of St. Agnes Plot Bunny HG/SS

undertheumbrella
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quote
So, I am currently doing a commentary on this magestic narrative poem by John Keats.. and I stumble upon several stanzas begging to be transformed into a good, well-developed fanfiction. And since I am not that proficient at writing them (but enjoys very much the experience of reading), I hereby challenge anyone who likes poetry or Keats, to develop this plot bunny into a somewhat decent piece that I would probably never be capable of. The poem is quite long, but I think the most relevant stanzas would be from 31-42. This was the particular stanza that made the lightbulb flash:

“Ah, Porphyro!” said she, “but even now
“Thy voice was at sweet tremble in mine ear,
“Made tuneable with every sweetest vow;
“And those sad eyes were spiritual and clear:
“How chang’d thou art! how pallid, chill, and drear!
“Give me that voice again, my Porphyro,
“Those looks immortal, those complainings dear!
“Oh leave me not in this eternal woe,
“For if thou diest, my Love, I know not where to go.”

And for some background info on the myth of St. Agnes, there is a superstition that on the eve of January 21st (Feast of St. Agnes), if a girl performs certain rites (going to bed without looking behind her and lay on her back with her hands behind her head), she will dream wondrous things of her future husband. This was basically what happened with Madeline in the poem. Here is a link to the poem: Eve of St. Agnes

I am a big fan of the `ship HermionexSeverus, and I'm a regular at Ashwinder; so it would be nice to see this plot bunny developed there even just one time Smile Also, the ending in Eve of St. Agnes implies a tragic note, but it doesn't have to end that way. It is completely at the discretion of the takers! Good luck and have fun~