Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  HP/X-Men (Evolution) Crossover

Purificatus
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:28 am Reply with quote
HELP! This bunny has had its teeth in my Achilles tendon for *MONTHS*!

I might take a crack at it myself sometime in future, but right now, I want to see if anyone can produce *results* from it!

I sort of have two ideas in one, depending on which X-Universe you're referring to. Rolling Eyes

If "X-Men: Evolution" (the recent animated series), the guidelines are as follows:

*Moira MacTaggart summons Charles and his team to Scotland to help her foster-daughter Rahne (Wolfsbane)
*Must be set during 5th-year Hogwarts. (So that the following may occur)
*Kurt (Nightcrawler) *must* be the advance scout for the X-Team.
He *must* iinvestigate Hogwarts, and indeed, he teleports right in on the middle of the Twins' mischief. He *must* play some practical joke with them, and possibly *on* them
The following plot point *must* come into play somewhere, somehow, in your words or mine:
Quote:

Remus shut his eyes, not certain himself if he was trying to block out the memories or recall them. He began in a tone thick with pain and not a little sorrow.
“That morning stands out to me clear as glass. A bloody bandage fell from my hand after the run that night. Peter stole it and took it back to him. The Dark Lord wished to use it to create a werewolf army from my own blood. There was not enough, fortunately, for him to fulfill his fiendish plans. He could not raise an army, as he was weak and there was not nearly enough blood—He managed to raise only one. My Rahnedrop…” he smiled over at her faintly, “I never told you that during your stay here. I didn’t imagine it would help you much to know. I left you with that Muggle cleric because it was where I imagined you’d be safest…A contact directed me to him, and I would never let you grow up a weapon the way he wanted. I didn’t want you to know of this world, of the battle you shouldn’t have had to fight—I am sorry, I am so, so sorry…You were still different, even hated because you are…like me… neònach…” ("different," "strange")
He knelt, clutched her close to his chest, nearly sobbed on the girl’s shoulder.
A nighean.” He whispered the words, low and almost reverent, his head bowed in something like supplication. While nobody else spoke Scots Gaelic, their tone, their meaning, was unmistakable—My daughter.

*Fawkes *must* show an interest in Jean, and bow at her feet at least once, during Jean's introduction would be ideal. He must also trill in greeting, and perhaps on the (B)/battlefield as well.
*Phoenix fire *must* destroy Dementors
*The Order of the Phoenix *must* have been set up as a "cult" dedicated to helping others as a form of worship of The Phoenix Force Herself.
Feron, the original Earthly contact with Her must have been an associate of Merlin's, and they set up the Order as a means to combat evil.
Thus, it serves to reason that the Order is very ancient
EITHER Snape creates a potion that allows Rogue to touch skin-to-skin,
OR there should be some other magical means by which she can do so.
Romance or Genfic would be acceptable here, Logan/Rogue and/or Hermione/Snape would be a nice touch if possible.
*Phoenix fire *must* burn away the Dark Mark on those true-hearted, like Snape. Others in Voldemort's inner circle may be secret Order members as well.
*The Phoenix, as She is a force of resurrection, *MUST* bring back Sirius. How is your choice.
*The Phoenix *must* be addressed as Good Lady (directly) or The Good Lady (when speaking of Her)
(NOTE: these last several plot points would also suit the X-Men Movieverse crossover)

Back with more details if I think of them, but it's driving me *UP THE WALL*!!!! Help a girl out, here!
Cat Feral
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 Posts: 23 Location: Northern California
I LOVE this!

Quote:
*Kurt (Nightcrawler) *must* be the advance scout for the X-Team.
He *must* iinvestigate Hogwarts, and indeed, he teleports right in on the middle of the Twins' mischief. He *must* play some practical joke with them, and possibly *on* them

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
“A nighean.” He whispered the words, low and almost reverent, his head bowed in something like supplication. While nobody else spoke Scots Gaelic, their tone, their meaning, was unmistakable—My daughter.

Awww! (Although, if Minerva's there, she'll know. Most fics I've read agree that she knows Gaelic. )

Quote:
*Fawkes *must* show an interest in Jean, and bow at her feet at least once, during Jean's introduction would be ideal. He must also trill in greeting, and perhaps on the (B)/battlefield as well.

Interesting.

I really like this and hope that someone picks it up. I want to read it when it's done! Very Happy

Purificatus
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote
Didn't realize this would be HBP-compliant when I originally suggested it, but I make no mention whatever of His Dumbleness...Hmmmm Who knew?

Anyway, yes, I'd very much like to see this picked up, too if/when someone decides upon it...<*AHEM!*>
I may tinker with it over the hols, but I have a couple of Wolverine/Rogue stories to finish.

I'd *love* to see how Rogue deals with her gratitude toward Sanpe (if that's the way that's picked up,) and how he deals with receiving such gratitude, for once. I imagine that would be an...awkward conversation...<*snicker*>
<*pictures uncomfortable!clipped!Snape and sassy!take-no-BS!Rogue in a room together...*> <*Snerk*> <*laughs*>
But I think they'd eventually reach some sort of understanding due to their mutual ground as pariahs and former-doers-of-less-than-good.
Who knows--They might even get each other to say more than three words at a stretch! LOL! But, of course we can't expect miracles...Heh...

Yay for liking the Kurt storyline--I could see him getting on quite well with the twinZ...<*giggle*> Razz

The Phoenix thing is one of the most fascinating ties for me, and one I've thought the most about, so I'm glad you think it's interesting.

Yeah, *may* have seen the "Minerva-knows-Scots-Gaelic" trope before, but I can't be certain. With as much as I've read, though, it's likely i have somewhere along the line.

(Did I say Sirius/Remus? 'Cause that would be teh kick! )

At any rate, I thank you for taking an interest in this, despite its apprearance of its being abandoned...

We'll talk later, but just at the moment I have a paper to finish for paleo that's due tomorrow/today at 2:30...<*sigh*>
Cat Feral
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:39 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Dec 2005 Posts: 23 Location: Northern California
Quote:
EITHER Snape creates a potion that allows Rogue to touch skin-to-skin,
OR there should be some other magical means by which she can do so

Quote:
I'd *love* to see how Rogue deals with her gratitude toward Sanpe (if that's the way that's picked up,) and how he deals with receiving such gratitude, for once. I imagine that would be an...awkward conversation...<*snicker*>

I can't shake the feeling that, now that she's able to make skin-to-skin contact for the first time in years, she would grab the one responsible and lay a big, wet one on him! Yes, even if it was Snape. And then he would try to give her detention - which would be difficult since she is not one of his students.