Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Submission Question

JenKM1216
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
When I uploaded my story to submit to you site, I checked to make sure that everything was correct. After submitting it, the format must have changed drastically. I recieved an email from one of the staff members with a list of errors that are not in the draft I have, which is the one I submitted. Some of the errors are just things that my beta and myself missed as we are only human, but a lot of other things were changed. What is going on? Did I do something wrong when I submitted that story? I also want to know more exactly the format you all are looking for. Based on you submission rules, my story was correct, but your email stated that the format was incorrect. My story was betaed and formatted by someone who recieved a 96 percent on the Perfect Imagination test. So there must be something wrong with your system. I have had no difficulties with this being approved on other sites with rules just as detailed as you own. Would someone please look into this problem and let me know. Thank you for your time.

JenKM1216
Metamuse
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
Is it possible that you might have uploaded an older version? This sometimes happen we notice. The format we require is basic among most sites I believe.

From our submission rules:

Formatting: Proper formatting lets the reader view the story comfortably. Stories must fill the entire width of the page before going to the next line in a paragraph. If stories do not fulfill the requirement they are to be rejected without consideration until the author reformats it correctly and resubmits.

Double spacing between paragraphs and each new line of dialogue is required in order to make stories easier to read. A new line must also be in place when changing character point of view.

As far as I can see from the letter that was sent to you, there were no formatting errors but just grammar and canon. I'm not sure what else I can answer about this.

If you have a more specific question I would be glad to answer it.

JenKM1216
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much for you quick reply. It is possible that there was an upload error, but I did not see the specific errors pointed out when I submitted the story. In fact, I had deleted all old versions of the chapter days ago. Perhaps my internet is messing up again. I have emailed attachments in which only half of the attachment made it to the destination. I would not be surprised if my internet issues caused a problem, even though it was supposedly fixed by the provider. Isn't technology wonderful? I am going to resubmit the story, making sure all of the text is correct. Hopefully everything makes it to the intended destination correctly this time. I appreciate your help with this matter.