Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Plot Bunnies  ~  SS/OC Bunny... Trilogy forming... need help narrowing down

Thelos DeCreon
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
It is somewhat complient, yet some what not complient with HBP.... depens how the thrid installment will read.

First will deal with how Severus turned back from being a Death Eater, and why his heart remains cold (takes place with him around age 26 for the most part, lots of recap memories from when he was around 17) (using a verified timeline.)

Second installment will be durring Harry's 4th year, but skirting around the trio, more of what we Severus was doing while he wasn't making life miserable for those blasted Gryffindors.

Third will be post End of Dark Lord or pick up right at the final battle and go into the final perge of all of the death eaters.

My OC is an amagus who is also quarter werewolf from her mothers side, she is orphened and a bunch of dramatic stuff. Anyhow the dram keeps building in my head and I need help cuting some of it out and building some of it up... need lots of help in the mush department too.
Thelos DeCreon
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Ok... no actual response so here is the first clip, of volume 2. In the trio's 3rd year. Working on part one, it was an after though from the of where I realized I needed to much back story to ever give it all in what I want to write for this part.

"Awe, I see that exam scores have arrived." Dumbledore chimed as an owl dropped the red package on Snape's desk.

"Yes it would seem that once again this year, parents believe that I have concocted their child's scores." He sneered as he cast a disabling charm on the howler which promptly went up in flames with out a word.

"As to why I am here," the head master started, "Annabelle is taking leave for the year due to family issues. Her position is the latest I've had need to fill. There will be many new faces at the table this year Serverus, and I'm wanting you to welcome them to the castle." Dumbledore's expression took a very serious tone. "You may be the first to know, but the ministry has send dementors to keep watch over the grounds. I pleaded with Fudge for an Auror instead, but he insisted that they needed all of them in the field, but the dementors would be sent to us, to my liking or not." Serverus gave the older wizard a concerned non approving looking. "I've been assured that they will stay to the outer perimeters of the grounds. As for intelligent protection, I've asked an young friend of mine to help. She will also be filling in as substitute from time to time." The head master stood to leave, "By the way Serverus, the staff will be here on the twenty-ninth, all save Lupin that is."

"Lupin? As in Remus Lupin the werewolf?!" Snape knew the answer before the words out of his mouth, he also knew his comments would change nothing, but he still wanted his piece spoken.
"Serverus calm yourself. Ramus is fully qualified to teach the Defe..." the headmaster's words were cut off by another outburst "I don't get it. It's an outrage. You refuse to allow me the position that I want, yet you'll give it to a werewolf, with less knowledge and understanding for the subject."
Dumbledore just held up his hand, "We have had this discussion before, I will not have it again."
"But with Black on the loose, you'd bring his best friend in." Snape snapped, feeling that he had a valid point.
"While it is true that Ramus and Sirius were friends, Ramus was crushed by Lily and James' death. Ramus, aside from Harry, should and does feel the most betrayal."
Snape scuffed but dropped the conversation, seeing that it was going nowhere.
"I suppose he will be needing my labs to take care of his needs?" Serverus hissed with loathing venom.
"No, actually Serverus I'm needing you to do it, you are the better with potions and wolfs bane has to be brewed just right."
"Yes, we wouldn't want the wolf getting sick." he growled under his breath.
"Well good day Severus." Albus said, seeming not to hear Snape's last remark
He paused at the door,
"By the Severus, I do say, you seem to be loosing your touch...... Only three howlers arrived during this visit."
And with that he was gone.

Severus was so displeased with the meeting that the next howler he disarmed went shooting across the room in flames, setting the curtains ablaze.

"A damn fine start of term this will be." he cursed at thin air.

"Headmaster are we missing someone?" Serverus questioned, he wanted to get this done with as quickly as possible.

"I'm afraid our other two members of staff will not be able to join us until the start of term ceremony."

So the unknown new face and the werewolf would not be joining them, Severus had been so upset at the news of Lupin getting the position he wanted that he'd forgotten all about this new addition to the Hogwarts staff. Oh well, he would find out who she was soon enough.

The tour of the castle went smoothly, the couple of new faces that were there had been students, and thus remembered where they "didn't" sneak off to. A few professors that had been with the school for some time had joined the little expedition too. Peeves had behaved himself, due to threats from the Baron.

Dinner followed the tour, the seating at the table had shifted slightly to give Hagrid the room needed to sit at the staff table. There was also a new seat at the table. In taking his normal seat Serverus noticed that an empty seat sat between professor Filtflick and himself, the other between Hagrid and McGonagall. He hoped that Lupin would be smart enough to seat himself between McGonagall and Hagraid. The thought of this new addition to the staff crossed his mind again, Dumbledore had given no real title for her position, and he had made good not to give out her name. None of the other staff seemed to know of her.

The next day passed quickly with every professor preparing to welcome the students back. The night of the start of term feast arrived all too soon for Severus' liking. Only being there because Dumbledore required it of him, Snape hated these things and made no effort to hide his loathing. As he took his seat he spotted Lupin, who had arrived on the express with the other students. The rest of the professors were quietly whispering about the dementors boarding the train and that poor Mr. Potter had passed out when one entered his cart. Which Lupin just happened to be in? That would figure.

First year students were as usual at one emotional extreme or the other. Some overly confident of what house they would be put in, others scared to death on the verge of wetting themselves. His were usually the first, and most of them he could tell who their parents were. While there confidence could be rather obnoxious, at least he didn't have to spend the first couple weeks consoling them that they would make it through their seven years at Hogwarts.

Dumbledore had just finished the sorting and introducing Lupin and was moving onto the start of term notices when she walked in.

The night had been a stormy one and lightning flashed over head as she stepped through the doorway. Her hair, wet in thick locks, covered her left eye and hung long and bluish-black. Here eyes, which only one could be clearly looked upon, were a vivid greenish-brown and seemed to take in the whole room at once.

Severus knew that if one could see past her hair that her left eye held a three rough lined scar going diagonally across it. Her dark hair and medium tan skin complexion made the markings stand out. She took another step into the a hall casting a spell to dry herself off.

The headmaster was smiling in a welcoming manner and Filtflick let out a small , yet loud, squeak of delight.

"Miss Jinn, so glad that you could join us before dinner started." Dumbledore greeted.

The young lady cracked a half smile and moved towards the open seat at the staff table.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but I got held up by a large borehound that insisted on dragging my luggage to the pond, at which point the squid took over." she conversed as she moved across the huge room to her seat.

"Really?" Hagrid responded, looking astounded and ashamed.

"No, no. Hagrid, I'm only jesting, I got held up by the grounds new guards and well, Fang helped me find away around their 'leering'." Hagrid seemed relived that his pet hadn't been the cause of any trouble.

Snape smiled inwardly at the slightly surprised look on Potter's face when Talinna walked right by him without even noticing him nor who he was.

"Staff, students, as you know, due to the escape of Sirius Black the ministry has loaned us dementors to 'aid' us in security. Further more I've asked Miss. Talinna Jinn to also aid us. Miss. Jinn is an ex-auror who has recently chosen a career in dragon back riding. She will be assisting various members of the staff this year with different activities." Albus' words had sent a murmur through the student body, and the bit about dragon riding had sent puzzled and shocked looks on the staff's faces. A few students could be heard whispering that she must have a death wish. Silently Serverus agreed with them. As she took her seat Snape cast a small unnoticeable spell to push in her seat. However the act didn't go unnoticed by Talinna nor Dumbledore and McGonagall.

Once announcements had been made the meal began and Talinna hardly got to eat a thing due to the on rush of questions from her old professors. Hagrid, Remus, and Vector where about the only ones who hadn't been professors when she had been a student. Sibly and Serverus had started teaching the same year she arrived at Hogwarts, as a fifth year. She'd take Hogwarts over the American magic schools any day.

"Well, I completed my training as an Auror, worked for the ministry for a few years then moved on to a career in Magical Wildlife Preservation." Talinna explained when inquires came in about her chosen professions. Hagrid seemed to be hanging on every word from that point, as she described her hungarian ridgeback and his personality. Snape was the only one who picked up that she side stepped the question about why she came back to Hogwarts if she had all of that going on, and no one seemed to care why she'd given up being an Auror so early in life. Snape found it really daunting that a student with so much potential would walk away from something that she'd works so hard on throughout her schooling.

Finally Snape couldn't stand the idle rambling and her dodging the question he'd make a direct hit and expect a direct answer from her.

" Why ever did you give up being an Auror, at least if you died in that line of work ti would be honorable." Snape had gained the whole tables attention, yet the students went on unaware of what was taking place in the front of the room.

Talinna leaned back and turned towards Snape looking him directly in the eye for the first time that evening.

"I left the field to peruse other passions. Yes, being an Auror was something that I was good at, but I've always loved wild life, magical or not. So when the offer came to work in the field of wild life preservation I couldn't pass it up."

Snape didn't fully buy it.

"Awe yes, I'd almost forgotten that you were our resident 'Know-it-All, Do-it-All'" Severus remarked cheekily.

She cocked her head to the side slightly, giving him a half grin and replied, "Takes one to now one, Professor. Though I am honored that you remember me at all."

At this there seemed to be a wordless exchange of thoughts between the two, the look was more friendly that menacing, which was highly unusual for Snape. She turned to Professor Filtflick, "Oh come one professor, you were my head of house, you of all people should know my passions were potions, animals, and flying."

"Flying?" Madame Hooch started to cut in, but Dumbledore stood up and ended the nights festivities.

this is where I keep the rest of my roaving ideas
http://www.xanga.com/Talinna_xan

Please! Somebody help me with this!