Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Fanfic Updates  ~  Metamorphoses - a Group Fic at Lumos

Snegurochka
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Greetings!

I come with a link to the first chapter of a new fic at Lumos, a collaborative effort by the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild.

Metamorphoses

What on earth is the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild? you may be asking yourself. Well –

You know Guernica and Nymphadora from Occlumency…
You know rayvyn2k from Ashwinder and Occlumency…
And you might even know me (Snegurochka) from Wolfsbane and Serpensortia.

Metamorphoses is a Group Fic that the four of us have been working on at Knockturn Alley, our favourite HP message board. The idea is this: different chapters or half-chapters have been written by different authors, without any input from the others. The only rule is that each new segment or chapter must adhere to the plot and characterisations that have come before it. Apart from that, anything goes! Thus, not only do the readers not know what is coming next – neither do the other authors.

Summary:
Five years after the second war, Dumbledore, Professor Snape, and Magical Law Enforcement ready an unlikely band of heroes to oppose the dread Mystai Ourobouros, the magical cabal who made Tom Riddle into Voldemort. But at a time when everyone involved just wants to forget the past and forge a new future, old rivalries run deep, some things are not what they seem, and (of course) emotions keep getting in the way...

Rated NC-17 for later chapters, with warnings for slash and het.

We hope you enjoy it.

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(this week’s spokesperson for the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild)
Snegurochka
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Hello, all you lovers of a good, long tale, full of your favourite characters, suspense- and action-driven plots, a little slash and het romance here and there, and always a new twist around the corner!

Yes, the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild is pleased to announce TWO new chapters of our Group Fic are now up at Lumos!

Metamorphoses

That KA Writers Guild again, for those who've forgotten:

Guernica
Nymphadora
rayvyn2k
Snegurochka

Head on over to Lumos for Professor Malfoy's first lesson...

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(on PR duty for the KAWG this week)
Snegurochka
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:25 am Reply with quote
Good morning all,

It's that time again - Metamorphoses,¯ a collaborative erotic suspense thriller set in the postwar Wizard world after the fall of Voldemort, has been updated at Lumos:

Chapters 4 and 5, now up!

This update features:

*Officer Harry Potter, rookie Auror, in a decidedly bad mood,
*Inspector Nymphadora Tonks, the hardest-working Metamorphmagus in law enforcement,
*Yet more surprises from Professor Snape,
*Pyrotechnical repartee between Harry and Snape, AND
*The introduction of not one, but two scandalous love affairs.

Ch. 4 was written by Guernica, and Ch. 5 was written by myself and rayvyn2k.

Go read, my beloveds! Playtime in the dungeon with Snape for those who review!

Peace,,
~Snegurochka
(on PR Duty For the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild this week)
Snegurochka
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Greetings, SHers!

It's time for a new chapter of "Metamorphoses," your friendly neighbourhood Group Fic at Lumos, courtesy of the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild:

Metamorphoses, chapter 6

This week's chapter was written exclusively by the incomparable Guernica, and if I may say so, it's one of my favourites of the entire fic.

You've had the teasing; you've seen the innuendo - now this chapter brings it all home, in our first (of several) sexual trysts in this erotic thriller.

Now, you know from "The Knight Errant Chronicles" that Guernica can write, and you also know that she can write scorching hot het!erotica. Now, you're about to see what happens when she tries her talented quill at slash.

I don't care if you aren't a slash fan - you know you're a Guernica fan. Admit it: Guernica could write your grocery list for you, and you would fall in love with the pairing of bread and milk.

Teaser:
----------------------------------------------
Yes, it was Malfoy, who was wearing a very sharp black silk shirt and black trousers that showed his narrow waist and slim hips to sensual advantage, sipping from a glass of red wine in a manner guaranteed to make all those observing him crave red wine hereafter. Malfoy, who appeared cool, calm, and absolutely at home in such an establishment. Malfoy, who had two or three admiring men clustered around him, jostling for position as to who was going to buy him his next glass of red wine.

Malfoy, who suddenly looked more downy-cheeked and fuckable than should have been legal.

------------------------------------------------

Oh, hell yes! You'll never think of red wine the same way again.

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(PR-whoring for the KAWG again this week)
Snegurochka
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Hello all,

A new chapter of Metamorphoses, the Group Fic authored by the four members of the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild, is now up at Lumos!

Metamorphoses, chapter 7

In this chapter... Harry arrives back at Hogwarts and copes with his own memories of how he left things with Draco; Lucius confronts an old enemy and an even older set of beliefs; and Tonks proves she really did know exactly where she'd be sleeping tonight...

Teaser:
-------------------------------------------------------
Lucius Malfoy was another story altogether. Voldemort's vague aspirations to world domination had nothing on Malfoy's adherence to truly frightening philosophies of personal vengeance... everything he did was for personal gain, or, more dangerous of all, for the 'honour' of Pure-blood wizards in general, and his own family in particular.

Harry sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed, his hands gripping the mattress as he stared down at the floor, his stomach in knots. He could still feel the hand on his throat, the wand pressed to his heart.

"You come near him again, and Draco dies. Do I make myself clear, Potter?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Go read, dear SHers! Many thanks to everyone who has already read and reviewed. Smile

Oh, and this week's chapter was written by myself (the slashy bits, of course Wink), and She of the Hot Het!Sex Fics, rayvyn2k (the het bits).

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(PR whoring yet again for the KAWG)
Snegurochka
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:49 am Reply with quote
Hi all,

The Knockturn Alley Writers Guild presents to you... Chapter 8 of Metamorphoses, our Group Fic at Lumos:

Right here!

In this installment, written by the marvellous Guernica, we finally find out what the hell Draco is doing in Greece. A lesson in flesh manipulation from the head of the Ourobourean Order, anyone? Oh yes, you know you're curious. Smile

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(The KAWG's PR whore)
Snegurochka
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
'Tis time again for another installment of Metamorphoses, the collaborative fic effort from the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild.

In the latest installment, we delve into some personal business of the Magical Law Enforcement team. Tonks tells Snape something in the heat of passion that she immmediately regrets; Dumbledore finds her wandering the castle in the dead of night and sends her to talk to Harry...

...and our favourite Metamorphmagus makes a monumentally bad decision in the process of carrying out the headmaster's request.

Lots of sex here, folks. (Should I have put that up front?) Some het, some slash, and a bit of something in between. (Which means: warning for a bit of transgender-sex). Wink

One last note: I wrote this installment, and if anyone has read/liked my recent Tonks fic, Bent, you may want to rush off to Lumos right now, because this chapter contains the germinal plot bunny that led to Bent.

Go read, everyone! Oh, the link:

Chapter 9

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(PR maiden for the KAWG)
Snegurochka
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Greetings once again from the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild!

We (okay, read: *I*) have neglected to advertise our updates of late. *irons hands* I beg forgiveness, owing to a crazy moving and travelling schedule. But for those of you following our humble tale, we are now up to ...

Chapter 12!

In Chapter 10, rayvyn2k showed us Snape's perspective on events with Tonks...

In Chapter 11, Guernica introduced us to a charismatic and rather unscrupulous original character for our tale...

And now in Chapter 12, we return to Lucius and Harry, and we discover, to the surprise of both readers and the protagonists, that the two of them have more in common than they might have thought...

This chapter was written by the lovely Nymphadora for the first bit, and myself for the second bit.

Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed so far! We hope you enjoy this latest addition.

Peace,
~Snegurochka
Snegurochka
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote
Hello again!

On behalf of the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild, I come to announce the posting of a new chapter of our collaborative story, Metamorphoses, at Lumos!

Chapter 13

We do apologise for the delay, and blame not only HBP, but the fact that a computer crash back in June left us scrambling to recover this chapter and many others that come after it. Gah! Fortunately, all has been retrieved, and we hope to be posting regularly again from now on.

So: Chapter 13! This new segment was written by the incomparable Guernica, and follows Snape and Tonks as they pursue England's only other functional Metamorphmagus to Paris.

It also may just answer some lingering questions from Chapter 12, such as: What the HECK did Tonks think she was doing with Malfoy during that interrogation? You know you're curious.

I might add that Guernica has just won a Multifaceted award for best Snape fic, and best Original Character, and you know what? This chapter features not only Snape at his finest, but another engaging and wholly unpredictable OFC from our dear author. Two of her strongest writing talents, all in this chapter.

Many thanks to the loyal souls who have pestered us for updates! We hope this chapter satisfies, at least until the next one.

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(PR maiden for the KAWG)
Snegurochka
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
Greetings, SHers!

The Knockturn Alley Writers Guild is pleased to announce that Chapter 14 of Metamorphoses, our collaborative story, is now up at Lumos!

Chapter 14

In this chapter, Tonks fights off a bit of the green-eyed monster, regarding a certain revelation in chapter 13...

Okay, that's vague. In sum: This chapter was written by the queen of het smut, rayvyn2k - who, I might add, won the First Place prize in the PWP category of SH's Spring Faire Festival for... you guessed it: a tantalising het smut story!

You want smut? Head over to Lumos for chapter 14... Wink

Peace,
~Snegurochka
(PR tease for the KAWG)
Snegurochka
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I come with news of another update from the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild, those crazy gals who refuse to consult with each other before writing new chapters of our collaborative project, Metamorphoses. But that's all part of the fun, of course - who knows what will be coming next? The authors sure don't.

Onto Chapter 15!

This rather lengthy update was written by yours truly, Snegurockha, and if you've been wondering how I have managed to make it through the previous 14 chapters without introducing my favourite character to the story, you'll want to check this one out.

That's right: I caved. Forget about trying to broaden my horizons and write new characters. Chapter 15 is the one in which Remus Lupin enters our tale, and we find out a.) what he's been doing since the end of the war, and b.) how on earth he could be tied to Draco's mission in Greece.

Teaser:
Remus sighed and sat back down on his bed, the letter in his hands. The Hogwarts seal shone up at him, with its mocking badger, treasonous serpent, challenging lion, and don't even get him started on that know-it-all bird. Dumbledore had promised him he wouldn't have to get involved again, that he wouldn't have to go back to Greece. He'd done more than his share of Dark creatures-liaising during the last war; he was done now. He had a new life, and whatever those bloody Frankensteins were up to now, it didn't concern him.

He fell back against the pillows and squeezed his eyes shut.
You know who it does concern, though, a voice nagged in the back of his head, and he crawled under the blankets to escape it. He tossed the unopened letter on the floor. Nope, not his concern. He forced himself to forget about it and drifted back to sleep.

Go read! I would be most interested to hear what you think of our latest installment. Smile

Peace,
~Snegurochka
Snegurochka
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:49 am Reply with quote
Hi group,

Chapter 16 of Metamorphoses, the collaborative effort from the Knockturn Alley Writers Guild, is now up at Lumos!

Metamorphoses, Chapter 16

In this chapter, written by Guernica, we return to Snape and Tonks in Paris, and check in with their very reluctant captive...

Teaser:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
They had spent another blissful few hours in conciliatory talk and endlessly tender lovemaking until well into the early afternoon, until Severus declared he was too worn out for another round, but after a long, gentle session of the ministrations of his lover's tongue, he had lowered her to the mattress and was about to take her again, when –

"Excuse me!" someone shouted from the next room. "Tweedledee and Tweedledum! If you don't untie my wrists soon I'm going to lose my hands to gangrene, and the chance to void my bladder would not be amiss!"

Severus fell back against the pillows with a rueful grimace. "I think Lange's awake," he murmured.

"Can't we Stun her again?" Tonks whispered, nibbling gently at his throat. "Please?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, no one creates original characters quite as enchanting as Guernica, and our dear Lange is no exception. Smile

And when you're done with that, if you are so inclined, I have another very short Snape/Lupin PWP up at Eros & Sappho:

Come Back for Me

What? The PR whore for the Group Fic can't secretly plug her own stories? Wink

Peace,
~Snegurochka