Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Challenges  ~  MWPP meets the Beatles Challenge

squeakthesoprano
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:19 am Reply with quote
There is one thing that truly pisses me off and makes me stop reading an MWPP fic... when the author puts modern day music into it. (Eg... James and Lily did NOT dance to "this love" at the grad ball) So I decided to come up with this challenge, combining my love for Harry Potter with My love for the Beatles. (2 great things to come from Britain!) I present to you... the
MAURAUDERS MEET THE BEATLES CHALLENGE!

Some rules before we begin...

Deadline for the first chapter is Sept 30th (if an extension is requested, please say so before said date)
Mention the challenge at the top of your story
E-mail me with the title and link so I may list and rank them after I've read them.
You Must use at least 5 Beatles songs from the Beatles "1" album into your story (At least one from each catagory) Just to make that clear...

Catagory 1
Love me Do
From Me To You
She Loves You
I wanna Hold your hand
Can't Buy Me Love

Catagory 2
Hard Days Night
I Feel Fine
Eight Days a Week
Ticket to Ride
Help!

Catagory 3
Yesterday
Day Tripper
We Can Work it Out
Paperback Writer
Yellow Submarine
Eleanor Rigby

Catagory 4
Penny Lane
All you need is Love
Hello, Goodbye
Lady Madonna
Hey Jude
Get Back

Catagory 5
The Ballad of john and Yoko
Something
Come Together
Let it Be
The Long and Winding Road

It is not nessisary that the Maurauders actually meet the Beatles, you just need the songs
Song choices must be relevant to the story (duh)
Songs can be featured either in songfic form, someone can sing them or they can be playing at a dance or something (just don't stick all of them in at the dance... that's too easy)
As much as I Hate the little bugger... do include Peter in the story, in a way that he actively participates in the story. not a "Peter kept watch because they never really let him help the pranks, he was too stupid" He's a maurauder too, this takes place before he goes dark.
please keep James hetero... or at least meterosexual... and end up with Lily. however... let Sirius and Remus go at it as much as you want! Wink
Bonus marks availiable if...

You use more than 5 songs.
You some how organise MWPP into impersonating the Beatles
GET WRITING!

oh... and send me your questions and entries (by Sept 30th) to shadowfax44@gmail.com