Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Question regarding age restriction

mugglegirl0908
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I am just wondering exactly how the recently updated age policy for characters in sexual situations will work. One of my favorite fics of all time is a fic called The Devil's Triangle. It's a love triangle between Harry, Ginny, and Draco. I am currently trying to get the author to post it either at Lumos or the Burrow, but she is worried it will be rejected for not meeting the age requirement, as Ginny is in her fifth year during quite a bit of the story. The fic is rated R and does have 'scenes of a sexual nature' but Ginny is still a virgin, and the scenes really aren't all that graphic. Would this still be allowed or does it not meet the requirements? As an example I will copy and paste a snippet of a scene from the latest chapter of this story. It is the most graphic part of the story so far, and I think it's pretty mild. Keep in mind, though, that Ginny is 15 and Harry is 16.

<snip>

Ginny groaned as her hips began to move in time with Harry’s hand. “Oh Gods, that’s nice Harry.” Ginny’s hands smoothed over Harry’s chest as she leaned over him to concentrate on the intense pleasure he was giving her while Harry’s second hand joined the first in administering to her. Her eyes closed and her groans came louder and faster as her hips reacted more violently to Harry’s efforts.

“Oh yes… please… Oh Harry…yes…ahhhhh.”

“Let yourself go, Gin,” he said in awe, he had never seen anything as beautiful as the sight of Ginny above him moaning in pleasure that HE was giving her, and he redoubled his efforts.

Ginny’s body convulsed in ecstasy, and a joyful scream emanated from her core, but just as she reached her peak she unwittingly grasped Harry’s chest and the crystal hanging around his neck.

“Ginny! NO!” Harry screamed, but it was too late, the crystal had broken and the tug of the Portkey activating merely intensified the shudders streaming through Ginny’s last nerve and her screams heightened as their bodies passed instantly through time and space.

The first sensation that Harry felt was the cold hard stone of the Grimmauld Place kitchen floor beneath his bare back.

The second sensation was that of severe panic as he let his eyes wander about the room to realize that he was the center of attention in a meeting of the Order of the Phoenix. He quickly recognized the white face of Ginny’s father, the red face of Ginny’s mother and the grey face of Professor McGonagall. Bill and Charlie also wore shocked expressions. In fact, no one in the room looked terribly healthy at that moment except, of course, Professor Dumbledore and the Weasley twins, who looked as though they had received a belated Christmas present.

</snip>

So...is this too much? Just curious. Sorry for posting something so long, but I just thought a snippet would better clarify exactly what I'm asking about. Cheers!
pipedreamer
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I just found your friend's story on another site, and you'd need to wait for a response from a moderator really.

What I will say is that, having read the first four chapters, your friend will need a beta before her work is accepted. There are some spelling and grammar mistakes that need to be looked at. I would dearly love to beta for her, and if she wants to get in contact with me she is more than welcome. I can also brit-pick, as I hail from that cold and rainy isle myself!

If your friend wants to contact me regarding me looking over her work my email is

funkyguppy@yahoo.co.uk

Even if it's not accepted here, I'd love to beta her story to make it more accurate.

Email me anytime!
pipedreamer

mugglegirl0908
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I know the first few chapters definitely need work. She didn't have a beta at the time that she wrote those chapters, but now she does. Before she posted anywhere she has said that she and her beta would have to go through those chapters.

It is a really really good story, though, and it's only those first few chapters that need work. Her beta is also British, so she Britpicks for her as well. So, if you can make it through those first few chapters with all of the grammar mistakes, then you're in for a real treat. Very Happy