Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Beta for hire

Lariff
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:19 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: Tiffany/Lariff

Email: medicated_for_your_safety@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: Ficwise, I have no beta experience. As for editing in general, I'm currently the editor in chief of my school's newspaper.

Writing Experience: I've got a few fics here and there, I'm working on an original novel, and I've written about a million original short stories and poems.

Ratings: Any. I have a strong stomach.

Ships: Mainly SS/HG. Other than that, I'll go for anything except Harry with anyone other than Ginny.

Categories/Genres: Anything except songfics or poetry.

Strengths as beta reader: I'm a grammar fiend. I can spot a grammatical error a mile away. Sentence structure is my forte; unlike the majority of the population, I know how to correctly use a semi-colon, a comma, and a colon.

I'm also a stickler for spelling. Dictionaries are my best friends, and over the years I've cultivated an impressive vocabulary, all of which I can spell properly.

And, on top of all that, I speak french fluently, and have a decent grasp of italian, as well as latin, so if you're adding some language flare, I can beta that with no difficulty.

Moreover, I know canon like the back of my hand. I've re-read each book at least 5 times, and I've researched major characters on sites such as HP Lexicon. I know the characters. Trust me.

Weakness: Britpicking. I am a big fan of britishisms, so I do have some knowledge to impart, although not as much as born-and-bred Brit, since I'm canadian. Also, I can sometimes be Snape-ish in my criticism, but I will try and keep my inner snark to a bare minimum.

Dislikes: OOC!!!! Additionally, I can't stand fics that pair Harry with anyone but Ginny.

Any additional notes: I will also consider doing beta work on original stories; just send me a summary, and I'll let you know.
zafania
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
hi there, l'm looking for someone to beta the 3rd part of a trilogy, current beta kathy is starting a new job and the poor lamb's a bit stressed. my spelling and grammar stink, but l'm english, so l don't need britpicking help. l'm at zafania2000@yahoo.co.uk.
the fic ic ss/oc
anirameg
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
abcd