Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Common Room  ~  Need help finding a story

JackieJLH
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Hello!!

I'm looking for a story that I read a long time ago, but I'm afraid I don't have much information about it. I tend to read at least a dozen stories a week, from various archives, and so now that I want to find one of them, I'm lost. All I really know for certain is that it's on the SH site somewhere, though I honestly can't even tell you who the story was about directly. (I THINK it generally focused on Hermione, but I'm not sure).

In the story, Dumbledore has done something to piss off the ministry. Fudge wanted the Slytherin students, I think, or something along those lines. The ministry is attacking Hogwarts, but not having much success.

One scene in particular stood out in my mind, because the author described the windows in Gryffindor Tower as magical, so that every time a spell or bomb or whatever was being thrown at the castle, would hit the windows, they would break, and then slowly meld themselves back together. In the scene, Hermione (or Harry...can't remember) is standing with his/her head next to the window, watching them break and repair, and thinking about how long they've all been trapped in the castle.

Like I said, I can't remember much of the story, but any help that anyone could give me in tracking it down would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

I once had a real life. Then I discovered Harry Potter. Then I discovered Harry Potter on the internet... *shrug* Real life is overrated anyway.
Fionnait NíPheadar
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I read that story, I know I did.

Unfortunately I cannot remember author and title either.

But as I read mostly Snape-Stories I suspect that it is on Ashwinder, because Hermione played a major part and if I remember correctly Hermione and Snape were close. Also I think that Harry was with Luna. Maybe that'll help you, because it is a rather rare pairing.

Best wishes and good luck, Fionnait
deus-ex-maria
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Taking Over Me, by Snapesforte

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=2663
JackieJLH
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Thank you!!!!

I once had a real life. Then I discovered Harry Potter. Then I discovered Harry Potter on the internet... *shrug* Real life is overrated anyway.