Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  possible under-age, though nothing squicky...

pipedreamer
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
hi, was wondering if I could pick someone's brains about something. I am fully aware that any sex scene now has to involve participants who are all of or over the age of 17. No problemo, I thought. How hard and fast is this? I have one fifth year who shares a kiss with an older woman, and may do again in future, but thats as far as i'm planning to take it until my fifth year turns 17. Would this be acceptable or is it a little to close to underage for comfort? There won't even be petting Very Happy much as I'd like there to be...

Any ideas/answers?

Thanks
pipedreamer
Metamuse
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:10 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
A kiss is fine.

pipedreamer
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:43 pm Reply with quote
thank you, MetaMuse.

A thought occurs...owing to Hermione's use of the timetable (and after a quick look at HP lexicon's timeline) would Hermione in fact be 17?

mouseII
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
If all students are 11 years old on the first of September when they attend Hogwarts for the first time (and this seems to be the rule), then Hermione (whose birthday is in September) was 12 for most of her first year at Hogwarts. This means that she will be 17 for most of her sixth year at Hogwarts.

I don't think Hermione is considered to be any older for having used the time turner. I suspect that in the Wizarding world she is still considered to be 16 years old until her 17th birthday, even if she was 14 years old for longer than a standard calendar year. That is to say, I doubt Hermione will be allowed to take her apparation test until after her seventeenth birthday, regardless of whether or not she has been alive for longer than 17 years.

If the Wizarding world doesn't consider Hermione to be 17 years old until her sixth year at Hogwarts, then I don't think we can either. Hermione turns 17 in the next book, although physically she might be a bit older than 17 years old when that happens (we can't be sure of that however; we don't know precisely how a time turner works).
Metamuse
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 28 Nov 2004 Posts: 475 Location: USA
MouseII explained it actually. Thanks MouseII.