Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  SS/HG -- HG works for SS, keeps dreaming they're in bed

MlleGigi
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:51 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to remember the name of a multi-chapter SS/HG fic which I think I had added to my favorites on ThePetulantPoetess.com but which appears to have been recently removed from the site. In this post-war fic, an exonerated or pardoned Severus has opened a Potions shop where Hermione works for him as his assistant, She is no longer in a romantic relationship with Ron due to scarring which Hermione received during the war, and she and Severus have a relatively good working relationship. Hermione begins to dream night after night of finding herself in bed with Severus in a very gaudy bedroom that she later learns looks exactly like the room in which Severus lost his virginity as a teenager with a prostitute (courtesy of his father) -- flocked wallpaper, crystal lamps, red velvet bedspread with ermine edging. The first time this happens, Severus is surprised and angry...but over time, as they try to understand why this is happening, he begins to open up to her in the dreams. The quality of their dream interactions have a positive affect on her waking relationship with him and she begins to develop more romantic feelings for him which in turn bleed into their nighttime encounters, She eventually learns that the dreams are the result of a spell which Severus cast in the hope of being able to meet with Lily in his dreams, and she feels hurt but Severus shows her that she's not the only one who's developed romantic feelings -- in the dreams, there is always a pitcher with a lily in it (possibly symbolizing Severus's heart) which eventually fills with tulips, the flower that Severus sees as representing Hermione. Does anyone remember what this story is called, who wrote it, and/or where it can still be found?