Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  Still Need Beta Reader for WIP

joannie
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Story title: Tonight You're Mine Completely Part III(updated request 8 May 2018)

The first 5 chapters are posted as Part II. It was outlined long before HBP and DH. The storyline is AU.

Part III chronicles 6th year: It begins with Hermione having returned from a short medical course in London. She plans a brief stopover at Hogwarts to help Madam Pomfrey, who also attended the course, set up a triage unit before heading off to stay with the Weasleys. She questions Madam Pomfrey about the Omnia Vincit Amor spell.

I have the next Chapters 6-14 written. I have the ending outlined. I estimate it to be 6 or 7 additional chapters, and that will be the end. Here is summary of Chapters 6-14:

Chapter 1 if Part III Bittersweet Memories
Hermione dreams of seeing herself in the Potions classroom the first night of detention. The next scene she witnesses is Snape summoned by Voldemort.
7 The Morning After
Severus admits to himself that he has feelings for Hermione. He becomes agitated when he finds that she has not shown up as scheduled. Elf misinterprets his comment and Apparates Hermione to Snape’s quarters. Snape is summoned by Albus to a meeting that also includes Professors McGonagall and Slughorn. They make him a proposition. He returns to Hermione and proceeds to lecture her on her misconduct at Slughorn’s dinner.
8 A Birthday to Remember
Professor Snape wants to know why Hermione is avoiding him. He decides to owl Hermione and invites her to supper to celebrate her birthday. He plans to present the apprenticeship documents that he and Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall drew up. The potion Professor Snape brewed for Hermione’s birthday present has dangerous consequences, but Elf responds to the emergency in time to save him.
9 A Night to Remember
Professor Snape gives Hermione the apprenticeship documents to read and cautions her to wait until morning to sign them. Hermione does not listen and signs them immediately. As Severus and Hermione sit by the fire, Severus confides in Hermione that his father was a Muggle. Hermione gets up the courage to talk about the Pensieve memory that is causing her embarrassment. Severus immediately kisses Hermione.
10 Out of His Element
Early the following morning, Nim advises and lectures Severus on the consequences of his and Hermione’s actions. The Soul Mate spell and the Omnia Vincit Amor potion have intertwined. Nim takes Severus to task for dabbling in Dark Magic and putting his life in danger. Severus then meets with Albus who is more than a little disappointed that Severus already has an accepted contract with Hermione. Minerva is alerted to the contract and goes to Albus to register her complaint. In the meantime, Ron is convinced that Hermione is being held captive in the dungeon by Snape
11 An Afternoon Lie-in
Hermione goes to the Headmaster’s office. At first she does not understand what he wants to talk with her about. Professor Dumbledore talks vaguely about forces of nature at work, things beyond our control, her apprenticeship and how she may have to meet with Voldemort. Then Dumbledore comes to the real question he called her to his office to discuss. When Dumbledore learns the reason that Hermione did not take Madam Pomfrey’s health class for sixth year girls, Dumbledore asks her another question. “Do you know how to brew an effective Contraception potion or cast a 100 percent effective Contraception spell?” The question comes as a shock to Hermione, and she leaves upset that Severus didn’t warn her. Hermione returns to the dungeon to find that Severus and Elf have had an illuminating discussion. When Severus touches her hand, it awakens Hermione’s feelings. At that precise instant, Hermione knew.
‘Severus, I choose to be bound to you throughout eternity. From this day forth, it is only your name I will cry out in the night. It is only your eyes I will smile into each day. It is only your bidding that I will obey.’
They fall asleep together. Severus had one thought in his mind as he drifted into sleep. ‘I hope I cast that spell in time.’
12 What Does He Have That I Don’t Have?
Severus and Hermione awaken in time to go to dinner in the Great Hall. Hermione has one slight problem. Because of the memory modification Nim performed on Hermione in fifth year, her mind has decided to block any events it considers inappropriate. She cannot remember anything after she left Professor Dumbledore’s office. This makes for a very awkward situation. After dinner Hermione addresses her former housemates.
13 Finding Their Way
When Hermione leaves the Gryffindor common room, she doesn’t find Severus at the top of the stairs. She doesn’t wait for him as he had instructed her to do. She proceeds to the dungeon but quickly returns. He is upset with her for disobeying his order. He keeps his promise to show her what memories were blocked. He lets her use Legilimency. She watches the memory, and when she hears her own thoughts, her memory starts to return. Once her memory is restored, conversation turns to ground rules and living arrangements, their future, and Voldemort. The evening ends with Hermione starting to feel like a couple.
14 Keeping Up Appearances
Severus is called to a Death Eater meeting. He agrees, at Voldemort’s request, to bring Hermione to the next meeting. The next morning neither Severus nor Hermione looked like they had a restful night. Albus send the couple outside to enjoy a day of sunshine together. Because they have agreed to be open and honest with each other, Hermione confesses to some of the images she has seen of him with Lily. Severus at first becomes upset with Hermione for not telling him earlier. They have their first argument, but make up quickly.
15 Settling into a Routine
Hermione establishes a routine for brewing the medicinal potions, working on her research project, and her studies. The research has reached a point where a test subject is needed. Severus owls Lupin to come to Hogwarts to discuss the Wolfsbane vaccine.

Summary: Tonight You're Mine Completely Part I is complete and covers Hermione's 5th year. Part II begins 6th year and continues through the time after the final battle. It also includes what happened to the characters later in life, years after the Dark Lord's defeat. I have 2 non-canon characters: Elf, who is Professor Snape's house elf and Nim, a spirit who embodies the essence of the founders, and provides help to the Headmaster/Headmistress of Hogwarts. They were both introduced early in Part I.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lois Joan aka joannie