Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  Seeking a beta for my first real story.

SuicidalSpiders
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
I've dabbled a bit in writing for a long time, but have never been able to complete a story. This is the first time I've come up with an idea that actually has a beginning, middle, and end. I've written the first chapter so far, and would like for someone to read it and hopefully give me some advice. I have a horrible time with sentence variety...most of my sentences usually follow the same basic formula. Also, I'm American, and though I watch a lot of British movies and shows, it's still painfully obvious that I've never been out of the country. Embarassed

On to the important stuff...

Name: Akasha

Email: this_vampyric_addiction@yahoo.com (please be clear who you are in your subject heading, as I get a lot of spam)

Story title: Insomnium Non Magis (working title, I'm open for better suggestions)

Summary: Hermione has created an extra potent version of the Dreamless Sleep Potion in order to keep her night terrors at bay. Severus finds out after she breaks into his lab one night to steal ingredients to make more. Impressed and intrigued, he agrees to let her join an apprenticeship with him.

Rating: I'm not really sure. There is some graphic language and violence, but nothing too sexual...

Category/Genres: Romance, Hurt/Comfort

Ship: Severus and Hermione

Warnings: There will be at least one scene depicting graphic violence and/or torture.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at what I've written so far, please contact me at the email address above or here in this thread. Thank you for your time. Cheers! Very Happy