Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  SS/OC, HG/??, Ending SS/HG - Backless wedding dress

DungeonButterfly
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I've been looking for this story for a while now. I read it, I think, it was about a year or so ago. The story line is as follows:

I think it's a Marriage Law fic since Half-Bloods and Muggle-borns are forced to take a class of sorts where there is a bunch of Hogwarts 'kids' that Hermione went to school with. Severus is heading up the matches. Hermione wishes to be matched up with (I think) Theodore Knott. Snape tries everything to discourage the match since Theo is his step-son and knows that he will only bring Hermione heartbreak.

Hermione ends up marrying Theo anyway and the key piece of the wedding (and later in Severus' fantasies) is that Hermione's wedding dress is completely backless but she only intends for Theo to see it and wears a cloke.

Later, Hermione becomes something of a potions apprentice to Severus and works with him at the lab he has in his home with his wife (I'm pretty sure her name is Cordelia)... and later, Hermione files for divorce from Theo because he was cheating on her (causing her Goblin-wrought wedding ring to burn her finger) and Severus divorces his wife because she was cheating on him.

Does the title of this story ring any bells for anyone?

Many thanks in advance!
mz1987
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
I've read this one. I don't remember the name or the author, but I think it has been taken down by the author.

The reviews for the story are here:
http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/reviews.php?sid=18733&a=1&offset=0
DungeonButterfly
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
Well, darn... I've been wanting to read this story so badly! It's been gnawing at me! LOL
Majenta
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Hi there, l've been desperately trying to find this fic too. If anyone remembers the name of the author, please let me know as l would love to contact her to try to get a copy. Many thanks xx
celisnebula
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
The story is "Denial" by the author Little Beloved. She has taken down all of her fanfiction and requested that we not share any of her work as she is now a published author and she does not want her fanfiction to impact her actual writing career.

You can read about it her:
http://snapeyluvshermy.livejournal.com/156660.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Majenta
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your time in helping me with this query. It's such a shame when authors pull their wonderful stories, but l quite understand her reasons and wish little beloved much luck and best wishes for the future. I'm sure she will be very successful if Denial is anything to go by xx