Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  Flaming Reviews

peskipiksi
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Is there any chance we could have a 'Report Flame' button on received reviews? Other sites have them and they instill confidence. I have received several unnecessarily harsh or sarcatic reviews, as has the author for whom I beta.

I know we live in a world where free speech is a basic human right, and people are allowed to voice their opinions in reviews, but sometimes the comments are deliberately intended to wound.

I am sure we could report flames to the admins, I just think a 'report flame' button might make life easier for all.

Other sites also have a 'notes for the admin' option on the upload page. This is a good place to explain style choices such as deliberate mistakes for character purposes, and British phrases of which the US admins may not be aware.

Again, this option saves a lot of email communication and would make life easier for the admins.
celisnebula
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quote
While those features would be nice, they are not available with the version of the e-fiction software we run. And before you ask, we have tried to updated to newer versions, but we always end up going back to the version of efiction we currently use because of bugs and coding problems.

If you have a review that you believe to be out of line, the policy is to email the help desk. From there a group of admins will look it over and make a determination from there as to whether it is truly a "flame" review or not.

Thank you,
Celisnebula
Help Desk Admin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger