Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  SSHG "Grasping at Normality"

f57038
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to reread "Grasping at Normality," but it has been deleted from the site where I bookmarked it. Does anyone know if is still posted anywhere? It's one of my all-time favorites.

Thank you!
Rachel
celisnebula
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 am Reply with quote
Wow... it looks as if Kaz has pulled it from almost everywhere. I did find a copy of it here:
http://ageof.quilltoparchment.com/viewstory.php?sid=1&ageconsent=ok&warning=3

How long it will be up, I don't know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
f57038
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quote
Thanks so much! Smile

Edited to add:

Oh, no, it looks like this one has been removed, too. The chapter headings, etc. are still there, but the content has been erased. Thank you for trying, though! Sad
Kilaya
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
f57038 wrote:
I wanted to reread "Grasping at Normality," but it has been deleted from the site where I bookmarked it. Does anyone know if is still posted anywhere? It's one of my all-time favorites.

Thank you!
Rachel

If you (or anyone else) happens to be looking for this story, I have a copy saved to my computer. Just before it was taken down, I had saved it to read, for the first time, during a 2hour train ride to the city. So I was rather lucky, to get a copy and a chance to read it before it was taken down. If you want a copy, please feel free to email me and I will send you a copy.
I'm not sure if Its okay for me to have a copy, or send it to anyone else but this is a wonderful story and as I'm not claiming it as my own, or putting it up on any sites, it should be okay right?

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 am Reply with quote
Someone more familiar with the etiquette of fan fiction may want to correct me on this, but I've always gotten the idea that it's okay to e-mail stories upon request, as long as they don't get posted anywhere without the author's permission...?

I would love to get a copy of this story from you -- I e-mailed!
Kilaya
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote
Just sent a reply email with a copy attached. I hope you enjoy re-reading it after all this time!

I'm going to re-read it now aswell ^_^

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Just a little notice : I have turned the option on my profile for having my address visible off. If you wish to get a copy of this fic, please send me a Privet Message ("PM"). To do so you will need to be a member of this forum, so you will have to join if you aren't in order to do so.

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote
Please don't share this story without the author's express permission.

Many authors pull their work for various reasons (mostly because they want to start selling original fiction) and they don't want copies of their work being passed around.

There are some authors who will send a person a copy to read, but they want that control.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger