Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Character Help  ~  Writing Snape

Overhill
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Hard to say. I've lost touch with most of them, and a few of us are hanging out at livejournal, but even that has gotten pretty sketchy.

I've noticed a number went to the Online Wizarding Library http://owl.tauri.org , but it's off-line half of the time I try to sign on.
Yukimor
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
Overhill wrote:
Hard to say. I've lost touch with most of them, and a few of us are hanging out at livejournal, but even that has gotten pretty sketchy.

I've noticed a number went to the Online Wizarding Library http://owl.tauri.org , but it's off-line half of the time I try to sign on.

Well, at least we can hope. =)

And there will always be some people to haunt the forums.

And I doubt HP fanfic will ever die, so even if the forums do, we don't be deprived of new material. XD
celisnebula
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I noticed how few people there are. ;-; It's sad. It looks like it used to be such a lively forum...

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't really hop as much as it used to - a lot of the early key players (daz and az) are gone - and people move in and out of the fandom or they use livejournal more than the forums. I wish we could get the forum back up to what it was when I was an (un official) mod, but I've not got the time to.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Overhill
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Things change, people change. Even LiveJournal has its challenges.

I'm glad that the forums are still here--they're very useful for reference and they're fun to read. And sometimes one gets to meet someone new, like Yukimor.

And I'm glad SH is alive!

Thank you, celisnebula, for keeping it going.

With gratitude,

Barb a.k.a. Overhill
Pennfana
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:24 am Reply with quote
I still check in on the forums once in awhile, though it's been ages since I actually posted. I've missed the discussions we used to have here, though, and I still think it's a shame that the spammers managed to wreck it for us. *shakes fist at spammers* It's nice to see fics still being posted here, of course, but I do miss this board.

As far as I know, quite a few people ended up over at The Petulant Poetess as well.

By the way, hi, Yukimor, and welcome to SH. Smile

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quote
Yea, Pennfanna! Great to see you again!
celisnebula
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:05 am Reply with quote
Are the forums used there? I checked them out when I started posting, but a lot of stuff was done via the potterplace yahoo group, so I petered out over there.

It'd be nice to have some discussions on here... anyone wanna start?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Overhill
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:48 am Reply with quote
I'd be glad to be here like I was before.