Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Omnoculars  ~  House Elves.

Do you think it is a crime to leave out Dobby?

Yes  
31%
  [ 5 ]  31%

No  
6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

Crime!? It's a travesty!  
25%
  [ 4 ]  25%

I don't care  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

It doesn't matter as long as they can make he story work.  
37%
  [ 6 ]  37%

Total Votes : 16
wonga
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:09 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one absoultely devasted by the fact that seem to have cut House Elves completely from the movies?

Dobby and Winky didn't feature in GoF and now there are rumours that Dobby won't be in OotP. Is this the end to Hermoine and S.P.E.W!?

Save the House Elves!

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:28 am Reply with quote
No, really.
I rather they cut Dobby and not more important parts. Considering how GoF went, SPEW is completely out, so is Winky.
There's a lot in OotP so the best we can do is be grateful that the really important stuff will be in there.

wonga
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah I know what you mean even without Dobby they seem to find time for plenty of unimportant bits.

Obviously without Dobby in OotP they need Harry to discover the Room of Requirement somehow; why not just stick with the book and have Dobby tell Harry?

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure Hermione will be the one to discover the RoR,Rolling Eyes or maybe Harry will stumble upon it by accident. It might be harder to re-introduce Dobby and Winky because they were completely absent in the GoF movie. I miss them.

MithLuin
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
They could always have the Weasley twins show the Trio the Room of Requirement, if need be.

If you had to choose between Dobby and Grawp, which would you rather see in the fifth movie?

As for S.P.E.W. ... while it surely highlights what type of person Hermione is (idealistic and non-compromising), it hasn't really gone anywhere in the stories. Rather, all it does is highlight how woefully unaware Hermione is - she does not understand the people she would help and save.

Maybe it will be important in book 7 - maybe S.P.E.W. will pay off. But it isn't really important to what is happening in OotP. I mean, I assume that Kreacher will say how much he hates her for being a mudblood, and she'll say how awful it is that he's Sirius' slave, and Ron (or someone) will tell her she's being stupid. Any more than that, and most of the audience will probably get bored with the idea.....
DormeDwayne
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather see Dobby. Because we all know that Hagrid is barkers when it comes to monsters and such beings. We learnt about that in the first and second movie. Dobby on the other hand has a major role so he really should be part of the movie IMO.
Faraday
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:12 am Reply with quote
I'd rather see Dobby than Grawp.
Overhill
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
I understand Kreacher is going to be in the film. Dobby would only detract from the miserable elf. Winky would definitely detract, as she'd have to be introduced/explained.

Prof. Dumbledore would probably hint the RoR to Harry; or the twins might show it to him, and might be surprised themselves that its more than a broom closet.

Mathstarlette
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Mar 2006 Posts: 33 Location: out of my mind, leave a message at the beep
Overhill wrote:
I understand Kreacher is going to be in the film. Dobby would only detract from the miserable elf. Winky would definitely detract, as she'd have to be introduced/explained.

Dobby is very important in the story! And Dobby and winky would add, not detract.

Dobby is a happy rebel, Winky is a sad outcast. We see two points of view of not serving, and they would be like a foil to Kreacher. You know, a character that is added to allow the reader to see another character better by being thier opposite. Does that make sense?

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote
wonga wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean even without Dobby they seem to find time for plenty of unimportant bits.

Obviously without Dobby in OotP they need Harry to discover the Room of Requirement somehow; why not just stick with the book and have Dobby tell Harry?

I know this is horribly off topic, but I couldn't help laughing when I saw your avatar.

Drama Draught. Did I just see a plot bunny hop past?