Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Grammar and Spelling Freak Beta available

Yukimor
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname: Yukimor
Email: Yukimor@gmail.com
Beta Experience: I'll be perfectly honest- I've not had much experience beta-ing other people's work where fanfiction is concerned. However, I have gone through many of my own stories with fine-toothed combs, as well as the stories of RL friends who write fanfiction.
Writing Experience: I do a lot of personal writing, and they always say good readers make even better writers. I'm also starting to write more fanfiction, mostly for Ashwinder.
Ratings: I do any rating level, from Conservative to Lascivious.
Ships: I prefer HG/SS, but I also do LM/SS.
Categories/Genres: Romance, Adventure, Hurt/Comfort, General, Fluff
Strengths as beta reader: I tend to catch a lot of grammar and spelling errors because I'm such a freak that small things like those bug me to no end. I'm also good with correcting non-cannon and mixed-up fanon that often come up when writers confuse the two. Writing style is also important to me, and once an author gets into a certain style, I'm often able to point out where they break it, if they do. I also give fast responses.
Weakness: I give no quarter, and have difficulty being lenient and less caustic in my remarks when I come upon a particularly OOC and disastrous fiction.
Dislikes: Extreme OOC-ness, lots of exclamation marks. Extreme squickiness topics (Twincest, really)
Any additional notes: I give fast and throrough responses, so you don't have to worry about waiting a week for your fiction to be returned to you, beta-ing complete. I also write my own fanfction, and it would be nice if someone were willing to do exchange Beta-ing with me- that is, I beta your work and you beta mine. Not required. Don't worry, I don't bite... much. Twisted Evil