Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  college beta!!

hippiechick1816
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: hippiechick1816/katehh08

Email: horsemaniac1816@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: I havn't beta-ed before but I've proofread lots of papers
Writing Experience: I'm a sophmore in college now so I have a lot of experience Smile I don't think I've ever made less than an A in a writing class, and I got a 760 on the writing part of the SAT. Or a 31 on the writing part of the ACT

Personal Website: n/a

Ratings: anything

Ships: My favorites are Hermione/Snape and Lily/Snape. I havn't seen many Lily/Snape stories but I absolutely love them. I think Snape is definitely the best character in the series. Oh, and I'd probably like anything with Luna, because she's amazing Very Happy

Categories/Genres: whatever. I do tend to like angsty stuff more

Strengths as beta reader: I've read the whole series about five times so I know a lot of little details about characters. And what I don't know I can look up for you. I'm also good at seeing how characters may differ from cannon. Especially with Snape. I've also taken a total of four years of Latin so I can help if you want to design a new spell. I could even make it gramatically correct, lol. Wink I can also come up with decent descriptions for rooms, etc. if you're having a hard time. Plus I have a good vocabulary which could help sometimes.

Weakness: I'm not very good at coming up with plots on my own (which is why I've given up on ever being a creative writer myself) but I can point out plot holes and things like that. And I think I'm pretty good at spotting places where the characters just feel off.

Dislikes: I will NOT read anything that shows Dumbledore in a sexual situation. I'm fine with any other pairing but I don't want my image of him ruined. And I don't want to read anything with incest. But I'm ok with reading torture/rape stuff, and slash shipping doesn't bother me at all.

Any additional notes: Like I said, I'm in college at the moment so I might not get back to you right away. I make time to read, though, so as long as I'm not totally overwhelmed by school I shouldn't be too slow. I could proably do a chapter or two, depending on the length, in a week. And I do tend to like shorter stories, but I'm still willing to read longer ones.

Sorry, but because of school starting I'm not going to be taking anymore stories to beta.

Last edited by hippiechick1816 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
fatalanisnape
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know if you saw my post in the Seekers topic, but I'm working on a HG/SS fic. and i desperately need a beta.

I think descriptions of room and people, and my biggest problem. I have a tendency to just not think about what is around my characters. I'm pretty dialogue heavy, just accidentally.

um. It's canon, disregarding DH epilogue and Snape's death. it's not dark. mostly i wanted it to be a romance. it's pulled me along differently that I'd planned. something's happened quicker than i'd thought. but you know.. characters have minds of their own. anyway..

I'm a full time student as well, so i imagine that I may as slow going as you may be.

I'm not done with the fic yet. really not even close. It seems like it's going to be pretty long. but I'm just physically writing it out right now, so my actual word count may be less than i think.

anyway, i'm babbling. just let me know if your interested.

thanks

Fatalani
fatalanisnape
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quote
how about if YOU'RE interested.

I promise my spelling and grammar aren't as horrendous as that post might make it seem.
And my vocabulary is better. just not at 1 AM! HA

Fatalani
hippiechick1816
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 am Reply with quote
sure! lol, I'm excited Smile
how far are you now? is it set after Hogwarts?

are you in college? im going to Tulane University in New Orleans which is totally awesome