Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Beta. What else would you expect?

Dragonfli
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quote
Name or Penname: Dragonfli

Email: guru_girl725@hotmail.com

Beta Experience: Not much, other than correcting friends' English class essays and other texts. But I guess it all counts, huh!

Writing Experience: Lots! But not in actual fanfictions. I’ve only got one very short fanfic so far. However, I’ve been participating actively in about 6 different role playing forums for nearly two years now. Not D&D type role playing stuff, I’m talking higher level textual work. And that’s apart from all the stuff I’ve written on the side and the novel I’m currently planning. Anyway, you get the picture.

Personal Website: http://labaroque.skyrock.com (mostly in French but some work in English)

Ratings: Just about anything goes. But be warned! I’m not really experienced in detailed and graphic sexual stuff.

Ships: My favorites are HG/SS and HG/(any one of the twins, Charlie or Bill). Actually, I just love anything with Hermione. Maybe it’s the bookworm part of me. Oh yeah, and LE/JP, though this ship isn’t as frequent around here. Anyway. But feel free to try me out with other ships! I’ll let you know if ever it’s just not my thing Wink

Categories/Genres: I personally prefer romance, fluff and humor. I also enjoy ficlets and drabbles. The only thing I’m not much of a fan for, however, is poetry.

Strengths as beta reader: I try to be very thorough in my reading and my eye tends to catch easily on non-sensical sentences or situations. I’m also a stickler for clarity. I’ll call on you if I have to reread a same sentence 4 times before I actually understand it.

Weakness: Brit-pick. Sorry, I’m a full fledged Canadian. Some grammar may escape my notice (comes with having been schooled mainly in French, but no worries, I’m perfectly bilingual), but it doesn’t happen very often.

Dislikes: Completely unlikely situations. Characters that become totally out of character through their speech and reactions. Near absence of descriptions of anything and everything. Suicidal and über dark themes. OCs. And that pretty much sums it up!

Any additional notes: Um… I prefer shorter stories, mostly 15 chapters or less. But as I’ve said earlier, try me, you never know!
tonksinger
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote
Hey! I've got an SS/HG fic in the works at the moment - the first three chapters are up on Ashwinder if you want to check it out - "Rare, Dangerous, and Unusual." It's romance/drama, but definitely on the fluffy side of the spectrum. I have someone doing grammar for me already (and that tends not to be too much of a problem with me), but I really want someone to take a good look at the writing - just to help me punch it up a little if it needs it, keep the balance between dialogue / description/ action, that kind of stuff.

So check it out. It shouldn't be too long - probably no more than 15 chapters by the end. If you like it, send me an email at joeyhorse@covad.net.

Thanks!
tonksinger