Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  General: Young Severus fics SS/HG or SS/OC

stripedtigress
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2007 Posts: 13 Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Hey. I would appreciate any recs for SS/HG or SS/OC fics involving Severus as a student/young man. Something well written with a great plot please. If there are any fics that ya'll know of that a young woman has changed Severus' life to where he never joined the DE, those would be appreciated too.

Thank you!
melusin
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote
I'd highly recommend this fic - it contains a teenage Severus and Hermione, but not in any way I've seen before - one of the best things I've read in ages.

http://owl.tauri.org/stories.php?psid=6851

hope you like it.
stripedtigress
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2007 Posts: 13 Location: Cape Coral, Florida
melusin wrote:
I'd highly recommend this fic - it contains a teenage Severus and Hermione, but not in any way I've seen before - one of the best things I've read in ages.

http://owl.tauri.org/stories.php?psid=6851

hope you like it.

I liked that! It took me a couple hours to read it, but I am home alone so I dove right in! Thank you! Got anymore? Lol.
darkdesire
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quote
At the risk of tooting my own horn, An Unexpected Light over at Occlumency involves a story line with a young Snape and an OFC. Although it might not be what you're after as the young Snape chapters are told from the OFC's pov. It does however have plot... well, I like to think it has plot. (Shrug's shoulders)
melusin
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, a lot of those fics tend to involve time-turners and end up being unfinished because it all gets too complicated. One which is finished and is pretty much an epic is Wartcap's Vanity - HG/SS canon compliant up to HBP with a twist.
Pennfana
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Rhiannonofthemoon's For All Intents and Purposes sounds like it might meet at least some of your criteria. I should warn you, though, that it's a WIP that currently ends on a rather evil cliffhanger, and the author says at the end of the most recent chapter that she may not be able to update for a couple of weeks.