Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  Need a Beta?

goddessofsnark
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's certainly tons of us up for grabs.

email:goddessofsnark@gmail.com

Past expierence is Remington Steele, Rocky Horror, and the occasional odd one that a friend of mine has thrown at me. I also write. Have over 100 fics up on FF.net in various fandoms.

I'm pretty good about being a stickler for good grammar, and spelling is another thing that gets under my skin, but most of all, I'm a stickler for catching those points where you accidently forget a word, or misspell a word but it's picked up by the spellchecker (on instead of one for example).

As for Canon, well, I love Harry Potter with a passion and have read all the books multiple times, and the HP Lexicon is my best friend.

My biggest weakness is that I have a bad habit of trying to let you guys down easy when it comes to the entire fic not being that good.

Favorite ship is HG/SS, but I'll read anything that comes my way, slash, het, the only thing I won't read is maurader fic unless it is Snape-centric.
MissusZ
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested! Are you still willing to beta?

Here's a preview:

It was a fiercely cold night, the wind howled and a branch tapped against the fogged glass window. The slight crack in the glass, made the room chilly despite the large brick fireplace with a roaring fire. Stars did not twinkle tonight; they bleakly shone in the dark night sky. Grey clouds hung in the sky shifting with the windows whispery breath. The trees shivered in the howling wind, and outside a man in a dark black cloak hugged himself tighter. The bitter cold nipped at his prominent nose, his ivory skin drinking in the moonlight. A frost flew across the ground; and edged its way onto the tips of his shoes. With a quick sweep of his hand, he tugged his ebony cloak closed and glanced up to the fogged window. Would she be sleeping in her cozy little bed, or pacing the house wondering when her husband would return? He grumbled at the thought, that’s exactly where he should be in his bed, sleeping, alone.
mtnwmgirl
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:24 am Reply with quote
Hi. I've started writing on Ashwinder, but my beta has gotten swamped, and I need someone else now. The first 10 chapters are up, and I've written another 8 already. It's called "Someday We'll Know." If you're interested please email me.
shuldham
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,
I have posted a request on the seekers site.My fic runs to about 3,000 words and is HG/SS.No graphic violence, one non graphic sex scene and some language.Set post DH, except Snape lives.
If your interested please let me know.
Thanks for your time.
Shuldham.
sevsdarkangel
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote
Hi there

I posted a request on the Seekers thread also. I have a little PWP (DM/HP) that needs a serious grammar check. Commas, especially all around direct speech, aren't my friends Embarassed
English isn't my first language either and I could really use someone to give it a general look-over.

If you'd beta for me, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

*sevsdarkangel*