Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Library  ~  The Fate of Ashwinder and Occlumency

SlytherinSexGod
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
at the risk of sounding ignorant - that which i am Sad ...

what is MLC?

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
SlytherinSexGod wrote:
at the risk of sounding ignorant - that which i am Sad ...

what is MLC?

Marriage Law Challenge. Where Hermione is forced to marry Snape. I think it originated on WIKTT--When I Kissed The Teacher--a yahoo group devoted to SS/HG pairings.
Two Methyloctane
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:46 am Reply with quote
Yeah... As a result of the whole inbred Pureblood thing, purebloods were being forced to marry muggleborns and half-bloods...

Some of them have one of the Malfoy men asking for Hermione for revenge, and having Severus marrying her to protect her, others its to create a magically gifted child, and even more still have her assigned to Snape because the Ministry is getting revenge on one or both of them...

Interesting idea, but far too overdone now. Go to Ashwinders Challenge Fics category to find the majority of them.

Lillithowl
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:45 am Reply with quote
Heh. Well I certainly had no plans to write a MLC, I agree they've run their course a bit.

But with this new very major twist we could get some really interesting fics written.
SlytherinSexGod
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:05 am Reply with quote
oh, those thingies. never really liked em, too OOC.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote
azazello wrote:
MLC deader than Dead Jack McDead.

You are kidding right? After HBP the MLC has more base in canon than ever before.

1. The Gaunt-family is proof positive what inbreeding will do the pureblood population. They need fresh blood, they need Muggle-borns. The MoM will not be left with a choice other than forcing purebloods to procreate with non-purebloods. In comes the MLC.

2. Severus Snape has revealed himself as someone who seeks glory (brew glory, bottle fame... I wonder who made the potion that was hiding the fake Horcrux) and a consummate spy who, after the war, will either be fully redeemed or fully powerful. An ideal position to claim whoever he wants under the MLC. Or he will be forced to marry someone from the Other side, as a symbol for the newly unified Wizarding World. The possibilities are endless.

Quote:
Aristo Snape and Snape Manor, ditto.

Come one, now! He is a spy. Spinner's End could be a disguise. Or his Muggle-heritage. The Prince Family could very well live in a manor house and, once the last Prince died, Severus Snape will inherit it all. Including the house-elves. Or Voldemort kills Lucius and the manor house in Wiltshire is given to Severus as a gift, for services rendered. Draco and Narcissa will have to live at Spinner's End as punishment.

Quote:
Lord Fucking Snape. - blasted into the oblivion it deserves.

Yes. That is true. Unless Voldemort wins and makes him so. Voldemort seems to like titles quite a bit.

The other thing that is dead, a least I hope so, is Sev, Sevvie, Sevvy or variants thereof. It seems an inappropriate nickname for a killer. Even if he killed upon the orders of his mentor.
aphrodeia
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 06 Dec 2004 Posts: 46
anna_kat wrote:
1. The Gaunt-family is proof positive what inbreeding will do the pureblood population. They need fresh blood, they need Muggle-borns. The MoM will not be left with a choice other than forcing purebloods to procreate with non-purebloods. In comes the MLC.

Perhaps, but the MLC won't involve Snapeykins, unless you're marrying him off to Ginny Weasley. Very Happy
azazello
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I think the MLC's have had their run...

Well, reasons to be cheerful, part one.

Ashwinder's not going anywhere, btw.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony ~ Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Lady Whitehart
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, from we have been shown about Ginny's interactions with all things male, Snape will be one happy camper! Very Happy of course Filch may find a few surprises in the broom cupboards. *DUCKS AND RUNS LIKE HELL*

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Lord Fucking Snape. - blasted into the oblivion it deserves.

Nah, you just have to decide whether to give him his title through his mother's or father's family.

Poor Tobias, disowned by his family for marrying a witch. With 3 older sons, Lord Snape never expected his title to pass to his youngest. 14 grandchildren and only one boy, what are they putting in the water supply these days. He sighed as he started to write a letter to his estranged grandson Severus.

Or

After a bizarre hunting accident dispatched both his Lordship and his only heir, his grandson, the Scottish solicitors were working feverishly to trace his Lordship's sister. She had gone off years ago to marry that Prince fellow, and the letters to his Lordship had stopped some 40 years ago. They knew she had at least two children; hopefully the (insert surname of choice) line had not died out.

Smile

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:28 am Reply with quote
I AM LORD FUCKING SNAPE, BOW BEFORE ME!

yeah, and voldemort is santa claus?

hmm... that's an idea.

god, i'm rambling.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
And I thought Voldie was the Easter bunny! Oh wait, that's Snape. I forget who did the Easter!Snape drawings on Illusions, but they are great.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
Ahhh... The reliable MLC fics. Can anything drop character's pants faster than MLC and Birthday fics?

But you're right. Snape meets Hermonie in Knockturn alley sounds interesting indeed.

As for Ashwinder and Occlumency, who lets themselves be limited by cannon? Honestly, I tip my hat to you if you are motivated enough to write fiction that is cannon complient. I'm sure however, for the rest of us that this last book isn't going to affect us fans in any negative way. Cannon, I thumb my nose at it (respectfully mind you, because without it we wouldn't have a universie to write in) but I'm going all AU from now. Twisted Evil