Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Great Hall  ~  Help! I've been plagiarized!

fawkes_07
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quote
Hi, SHers. If any of you are enjoying my fic, "Fair Exchanges," I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could do me a small favor.

This person: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1230344/cyiusblackcyiusblack has posted 20 chapters of one of my other fics on FF.net and claimed to be the author. Well, they're not. And I'm PO'd.

The fic in question is called Harry Potter and the Heirs of Slytherin. It's my version of Book 7 and I haven't posted it at SH because it is sooooo totally G rated--I'm writing it for my kids. If you're curious, I have it posted at The Petulant Poetess, Mugglenet and HPFF, all under the same author name, Fawkes_07.

The thief has even asked for reviews!! GRRRRR!

One of the reasons I haven't been able to finish Fair Ex is that I'm trying to get Heirs done--and now I have to waste an evening being too angry to concentrate on writing!

Please help soothe this angry phoenix and help out a fellow writer who's getting screwed. Go to that link and report the author to FF.net as a plagiarizer, and leave a review telling them to write their own bleepity-bleeping stories like the rest of us do. It'll only take a minute and I'd really appreciate it. Fans are the only ones that can stop people from jerking around the fandom--and believe me, I know that FIRSTHAND.

Thanks,
F7
Pennfana
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I just checked the plagiarist's page, and your story isn't there; there's something called "HEIRS OF GRYFFINDOR AND RAVENCLAW" up that's about 5 chapters long, and it's extremely poorly-written; I couldn't even get through the first chapter. It's full of stuff like:

Quote:
“Tell me, mudblood what the prophecy says.” ask Voldemort. “I don’t know what you are talking about. The prophecy was smashed in the Department of Mysretry.”answered Hermione.

“Do not lie to me; I know that the muggle loving old fool told Potter the prophecy. I also know that you would be the first person he tells.”
“Well, Harry didn’t tell me yet so bug off.” said Hermione surprised by her own daring.

“Ah, I see but I still can’t let you leave without torturing you.” Voldemort said smiling “CRUCIO!”

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!” screamed Hermione.

You can probably guess that I couldn't get through enough of it to see if it even resembled your story; still, I'm guessing that "Heirs of Slytherin" has been taken down.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Plagiarism managed! Apparently she looked at the stack of (flaming) reviews that were waiting for her and pulled the story some time last night. And turned off her private messages... so she won't be basking in others' limelight anymore.

I feel bad for the authors of the other fics she's ripped off--I doubt she wrote any of the stories she's posted, even the Cheese-O-Rama that you've quoted. I can only hope that someone at FF.net takes note of the abuse reports and bans her sorry behind.

Major thanks to everyone who left a report or review--or tried to after it was taken down. That was awesome.
celisnebula
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Fawkes,

If you notice this again, please PM me. There is a livejournal group I belong to, called stop_plagiarism that goes through contacts these plagiaristic authors in an effort to get them to take down the stolen work, and they also keep a list of known plagiarists and their aliases for record keeping purposes for archive owners.

Thanks,
Celis

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger