Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Leaky Cauldron  ~  The Person Below Me

celisnebula
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
True! Though I haven't flown a kite in ages.

300 and The Phantom of the Opera are the two movies where Gerard Bulter has had a leading role. He was Marek in Timeline (the cute that ended staying in the past), he was in Reign of Fire, Dear Frankie, Dracula 2000, and Tomb Raider. I can't remember what else off the top of my head right now, though my favorite movies with him are Timeline and Dear Frankie to date.

As far as weight goes, I think there is a huge push for women to be very thin lately. I know quite a few "overweight" people, myself included, who are healthier than many of the so called "skinny" people I know in real life. I figure that as long as you're healthy and your doctor isn't concerned, then you should be the way your body designs you to be.

The person below me is excited that the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie is coming out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Overhill
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Happy Eliza Doolittle Day, Everyone!

(from My Fair Lady: One evening the king will say:
"Oh, Liza, old thing,
I want all of England your praises to sing.
Next week on the twentieth of May
I proclaim Liza Doolittle Day!
All the people will celebrate the glory of you
And whatever you wish and want I gladly will do."
"Thanks a lot, King" says I, in a manner well-bred;
But all I want is 'enry 'iggins 'ead!"

Yep, I'm going to go see "Pirates 3". Got a "Buy one, get one" coupon, so I get to go with the kids in the afternoon!

And I would love to kite fly. However, I live in a forested area, so I have to trek to a school for a decent area to fly kites. I have some nice ones packed up - I used one for a while to decorate my ceiling in the front room.

Pennfanna, I hope that you're feeling better, and that your chapter 3 of the tent revival is coming along soon!

The person below me saw "Shrek 3".

LadyWhitehart
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I haven't even seen Shrek 2 yet. Embarassed Is it worth seeing, or should I wait until I can borrow it from the library?

Quote:
As far as weight goes, I think there is a huge push for women to be very thin lately. I know quite a few "overweight" people, myself included, who are healthier than many of the so called "skinny" people I know in real life. I figure that as long as you're healthy and your doctor isn't concerned, then you should be the way your body designs you to be.

AMEN! Over the past 3 years I've lost 60 lbs and kept it off. I'm still overweight, but I feel pretty good. Your ideal weight is just that an ideal. Unless I have my jaw wired shut, I'll never see the 110-115 I'm supposed to be. Did I mention being short doesn't help?

The person below me dreads swimsuit season. I know I do.

FYI I updated Meant to Be...Enemies? Very Happy

Pennfana
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quote
False. I'm not particularly upset by the thought of people seeing me in a bathing suit; after all, the general shape of my body shows regardless of what clothes I happen to be wearing. The fact that more skin is visible on my legs and shoulders when I'm in my bathing suit isn't particularly alarming to me.

I have no plans to see Pirates of the Caribbean (still haven't even seen the first one Embarassed), but there's a theatre group putting on Pirates of Penzance next month; several of the cast members are in my choir, so I'm definitely going to go to see it.

Overhill, thanks for the good wishes—my ankle's completely healed now, and the next chapter of "The Dark Revival" should be up soon. I've been contacted for an interview for a teaching job, so I've been concentrating on my preparations for that rather than my final edit of chapter 3. The interview is this afternoon—I'm extremely nervous about it, especially since I've been out of the profession for a year—so once that's finished with, I'll be able to put the final polish on chapter 3—"with a little bit of bloomin' luck!" Wink

Lady Whitehart, I'd definitely recommend Shrek 2—it's not quite as good as the first one, but it's still worthwhile. I haven't heard a thing one way or another about Shrek 3, though.

The person below me is thinking about doing some redecorating.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quote
I've been thinking about it for far too long. I might get it done... one day.

I love kites, I want to see PotC3 but probably won't until it comes out on DVD and swim suits terrify me; I'm pale and bear many 'not so pretty' scars.

Shrek 2 is definitely worth seeing and thankyou Pennfana.

The person below me has had an unexpected visitor.

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
False. Though I did see my uncle at my brother's wedding, and forgot that he'd be there.

My hours at the store have been increased, so now I come home exhausted. (I'll be getting overtime today, and I have to work Sunday and Monday, Health insurance. That's why I slave away there....) I have some WIPs I'd love to get done before they all become definitely AU in a few weeks....

Still waiting for that update on "The Dark Revival". pennfana. Glad your ankle's healed.

I expect that a lot of writers here are working on their "The Sky is Falling" submissions. I'm not, as I'm having trouble taking care of what I already have...

And school is ending for a lot of people. Finals, graduations, whatnots. The twins are taking their SAT tests this morning.

So, we haven't had any kite flying weather, though we had a beautiful rain storm at the store, but not at the house (my husband had just fertilized the lawn), and of the all "3" movies, I might go see "Pirates", but from the reviews not "Shrek", and I'm not so sure about "Spiderman". Money is tight, and I'm still trying to get bills caught up from the winter and an unexpected medical expense.

The person below me is going to one of the HP conventions.... (I'm not. Sad )

celisnebula
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
True. I'll be going to Prophecy in Toronto, since it's within driving distance from home. Of course, if I get the job I have an interview for tomorrow, that might change, but as of right now, I'm going.

*stretches*

The person below me is looking for a job.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
celisnebula
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Crying or Very sad I broke this thread!

MaddyRiddle
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
Sorry, sorry, sorry. Real Life hasn't been kind to my lately and completely forgot to come here.

Sort of true. I need to get the paperwork from uni before I can do anything definitive, as you have to prove that you are actually a lawyer and not only say it.

I'm going to Sectus. *bites nails* So close and I still have so many things to do before I'm ready for the trip.

No unexpected visitors. At this moment, any visitor, unexpected or not will be put to lift boxes, carry chairs, etc, or kicked out of the door and encourage not to come near me until further notice. (Dad's closing our office and I'm moving mine to a smaller place)
Does that count as redecorating? Smile

I don't dread swimsuit season, because I don't use swimsuits. I hate the beach. I hate the sun. One can't wear swimsuits in the middle of a very big city.

Shrek 3: I'll watch it as soon as I can rent it. I rather watch it in original English and not the stupid translated version that's usually in the theatres.

Excited about Pirates 3, yes. But again, I'm going to wait and rent the English version (with or without subtitles is ok, but I refuse to listen to bad translations)

Flying kites: I used to love it, I'm rather indifferent now.

About being sore... yep.

do I have a weight problem? I could do with 10 to 20 kilos less, but it's not that much a problem.

Gerald Butler? I can't remember him... I probably need to watch some movies before answering about his potential.

I think that covers all from the last time I posted.

The person below me would like a 48hs' day to be able to do all they need to do.

Owlbait
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
celisnebula wrote:
False... I adore chocolate ice cream, especially if it has nuts and marshmellows or peanut butter! As my waist line can attest to.

The person below me wishes they hadn't made Lord Voldemort so attractive in a weird sort of way using Ralph Fienes.

Wow! is this thread still going on? Neat!

True, he's not nearly creepy/ugly enough. Not that I find Fienesemort really attractive, just insufficiently icky.

The person below me can't keep their hands off their kids' Lego.

-Liz

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
False to both. A 48-hour day would leave me totally exhausted, and I don't have kids, so keeping my hands off of their Lego blocks is not a problem at all. Smile

I wanted to go to Prophecy this year, but it's kind of impossible. I've explained why in the thread about HP gatherings. Maddy, enjoy Sectus and Celis, have fun at Prophecy! I wish you both a safe trip.

Overhill, I think I'm finally going to give "The Dark Revival" a long-overdue update. The whole story was complete before I started posting, but my life's been a little crazy lately, and there was even a week where I managed to lock myself out of my own laptop. Guess I deserved it, as I changed the password to one with punctuation in it, and it seemed to work when the computer came out of "sleep mode"—but once I shut the thing down, the password wouldn't work after I'd turned the computer on again. I finally managed to activate the system administrator's account and change my password from there, but for awhile I was starting to wonder if I really had done something unforgivably stupid.

No unexpected visitors lately, but I did get an unexpected phone call from an old friend the other day. We've kind of drifted apart in the last couple of years, so it was a pleasant surprise to hear from her.

The person below me has gone to see a play recently. (I've got a ticket for tonight's performance of "Pirates of Penzance"—very excited, especially since a friend of mine's singing one of the leads, several of the people in my choir are in the chorus and my choir director is the show's musical director. They all do good work, so this should be a great performance. Smile )

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:01 am Reply with quote
False. Don't get many plays here (not Australia, just my particular part).

Not looking for a job, just got one in the local pub. Me, working in a bar, mwahahaha!

Definitely need longer days. Stupid neighbours dog chased a herd of cows through our newly fixed fence.

I don't have any kids but that doesn't stop me playing with Bryce's lego when I'm baby sitting! Yay lego!

The person below me has developed a new bad habit.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:21 am Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Yes, soooo true.

I have developed a very bad habit. My house is starting to grow new and strange species all on its own because I've been spending so much time on SH. Which mind you, I've recently discoverd. Consequently this is my first ever posting in a forum. Yeah, I've been under a rock!

Anywho: The person below me loves pickles. I know I do.
Pennfana
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
True. I like the store-bought kind well enough (especially the garlic dill pickles), but I have a neighbour who makes some every year; she normally gives a jar to my mother and I. I also like pickled onions, but only as a (very) rare treat—only one jar per year.

My "new" bad habit may not be so much of a bad habit after all. I'm teaching myself to play the piano, so I'm likely to be playing—or trying to, at any rate—at any hour of the day or night. I have an electric keyboard, though, so I just turn the volume down and plug the headphones in when I get the urge to play at an hour when sane people are usually sleeping. Smile

The person below me has recently misplaced something important. (Oh keyring, where art thou? Confused )

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quote
Yep, I've misplaced my mind!

Whooee! I just sent in the last (and final) chapter of "The Merlin & Quirenius Quirrell". The chapter is entitled "The Decisions of Mr. Malfoy" and now I'm driving myself (and my kids) nuts checking my mail at Yahoo.com

My new "bad" habit is my spending time at a role-playing game, where I've taken my fanfic character and have him interact with others. Where it's bad is that it eats up my housework/garden/sleep time, and I end up late for work....

I like the Clausen pickles that are in the refrigerator section. Spendy, but the family eats every bite, instead of leaving half a jar in the back of the fridge for months...

The last play I saw was a student production of "The Wizard of Oz". No yellow brick road, and closer to the book.

Thank you, Pennfanna! I think I already left a review there for chapter three. Now waiting for chapter 4. (Yeah, For Better or For Worse just keeps getting worse and worse....)

The person below me plans to buy a Harry Potter book at a store on July 21 (I'm buying 4 copies - 40% off retail price "while supplies last" + another 15% employee discount).