Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Leaky Cauldron  ~  Holy Moley

pigwig
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
So, I just tried to logon to Illusions, and then to Ashwinder, and was met with Rowling's cease and desist notice. Are we going to be shut down?

An announcement or any news the moderators have would be nice. I'm sure there are authors who are worried about the futures of the stories. Can SH be shut down considering that every story has proper disclaimers on them?
pigwig
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Best practical joke EVER! I was seriously sweating bullets for a bit there.
shining-star
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
Merlin, I thought it was real, cause I'm dutch and here, it's april 2, noon, right now. So yesterday was april 1 and I had no problems logging in at ashwinder (didn't try other ones), but I tried it this morning and I got that stupid note.

Great idea, but thanks to the time difference, it nearly gave me a heart attack... Shocked Shocked Shocked
pigwig
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit of a hermit on the weekends, and it just never occured to my stupid brain that it was the first. Even though on Friday, I said "Hey, tomorrow is Fred and George's birthday! April Fool's Day."

Congratulations, admins and mods, you got us.
Overhill
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
I'm wondering what stunt they're going to pull this year. I saved last year's on my LJ- private, and still look at it for laughs from time to time.

Pennfana
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
It's going to be interesting to see if they can top that, that's for sure. Very Happy

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, since we're mid-move and insanely busy, we're going to have to forego our usual April Fools Day prank. Sad However, that gives us twelve months to plot something deliciously evil for next year. Twisted Evil

I once had a real life. Then I discovered Harry Potter. Then I discovered Harry Potter on the internet... *shrug* Real life is overrated anyway.
Overhill
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 263 Location: Central Oregon, near a wyer, but the dragons are downstairs....
Then you best be careful about the dates of the formal announcements re. the opening, closing, moving, etc.!

I like your icon!

JackieJLH
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
Thanks! *loves cartoons*

And yes, you're right. Lol. Fortunately, the biggest announcement of the week went up about... two minutes ago. So we should be safe on Sunday. Wink

Tee hee.

I once had a real life. Then I discovered Harry Potter. Then I discovered Harry Potter on the internet... *shrug* Real life is overrated anyway.
Pennfana
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
JackieJLH wrote:
However, that gives us twelve months to plot something deliciously evil for next year. Twisted Evil

That it does, though I wonder if you should've warned us so far in advance! Mr. Green