Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Keepers  ~  British beta - ready to help

RickmansGirl
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Name or Penname: RickmansGirl
Email: skyblu02@hotmail.com
Beta Experience: I've beta-d two stories so far
Writing Experience: i've written a one shot story, a 4 chapter story and an 8 chapter story
Personal Website: None
Ratings: Any
Ships: I'd prefer any of the HP ships
Categories/Genres: Any
Strengths as beta reader: Being British helps with the brit-picking. I've always been really fussy with spelling, grammer and punctuation and i'm a huge HP fan so i'd say i'm good with canon and characterization
Weakness: I think my only weakness is that I haven't got much beta experience yet.
Dislikes: no dislikes, i'll beta anything (within reason eg-no incest or underage stuff which I think is not allowed anyway)
Any additional notes: i'd love to be a beta reader and I always find myself mentally proofreading any fanfic I read.

Lots of hugs
Gem Smile

Last edited by RickmansGirl on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Froggy
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
You may be just the person I am looking for - would you be interested in betaing my newest story? It's an Ashwinder fic, called Battles - Hermione is the main character, but of course, our beloved Potions Master will be the second most important thing :) I don't know how many chapters there will be, but the number is between many and a lot.

The only thing I require, is that you don't go and change the mood of my fic into something sappy and romantic when I'm trying to make it cynical and dirty, or the other way around *grins* If you're interested, the first chapter is published in the archives, and I'll send you the second as soon as you're ready if you do want to be my beta.

-froggy
RickmansGirl
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Hi Froggy,

I'd love to beta your story, just let me know

Lots of hugs
RickmansGirl Smile
Froggy
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Yay :D I don't have it on this computer, but I'll send the second chapter to you real soon - probably within two days or so. Thanks a lot.

-froggy