Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  HG/SS The Price We Pay

Mellyness
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
I think it was called 'The Price We Pay' but i cant seem to find it anywhere. It followed a story about Hermione giving up Severus for some reason when shes a student because shes the Mistress for some place called The Academy. I cant remember much but it was a wicked story and I really hope I can find it again!!! Embarassed
vision
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Um, there is this version of "The Price We Pay" which happened to be thrown amongst a very old list of my favorites, so I can't quite remember if this is what you're looking for...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1429363/1/
im2sleepy2
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 207 Location: Illinois, USA
Thank you so much for your help.

But , DARN!!!! that isn't it.

The one we are looking for involves Hermoine extensively.

A big thing about it though is that "The Final Battle" has not been fought yet. Another key piece of information is, and this is a large part, that as a young child Hermoine "recognized" as a (this is for lack of a better term, cause I can't remember what is actually used) future "Powers That Be". She is to be The Mistress and she has a counterpart .... The Master.

She is told that she must find her soul mate by the time she is a certain age, and get him to acknowledge her as his soul mate. The problem with this is that Severus (of course) is her soul mate and that she is still a student and only in her 6th (i think ) year. If she fails she is destined to go through the rest of her life alone. She will never be romantically involved with anyone.

The story is told as if it is 2 worlds (realities, maybe?) meshed into 1...

There is soooooo much information swirling around in my head about this fic.

Albus Dumbledore is aware but is not allowed to interfere.

Another key piece of information is that music is an integral part of the magic and how well certain things turn out, such as potions that are made. There is a particular song for each potion. The person making the potion sings the song and dances also.

MistyLuna or MistyEyedLuna, the author, has given a list of songs, wether it be one or two or more, at the start of each chapter of the story suggesting to listen to them while reading that particular chapter. Sometimes she will suggest a particular artist for a particular song because of the way the song is performed it fits better with the flow of the story/chapter(That is if there are multiple artists who have done the song).

Here is the list of songs that I have so far.

1. Baby, Now That I Have Found You by Allison Krauss
2. Candy by Mandy Moore
3. She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
4. Black by Pearl Jam
5. Uninvited from the soundtrack of the movie "City of Angel"
6. Music of The Night by Andrew Lloyd Weber from Phantom of the Opera
7. Angel also from the soundtrack of "City of Angels"
8. Moon River
9. The Prayer by Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
10. I'll Never Fall In Love Again By Dionne Warwick

Unfortunately, I don't remember how many chapters there were.

I do remember that with the last chapter I was able to read, that Voldemort and the Death Eaters had just breached the wards surrounding "The Academy". (which has reminded me of a little more of the story line.)

Hermione has become "the Mistress" of the Academy which is a school much like Hogwarts only that the students range in age from young children to older adults. The teachers of the school also range in ages. Not every witch or wizard are able to attend, it has something to do with how powerful they are and something else but I can't quite remember.

I'm sure I may have some of the details jumbled with the story, if so ... sorry. I'm also sure that there are others out there that have read it and will let me know that I did jumble them. That is OK. Please do. But, all I ask is that you straighten the jumble out for me, please. I'm trying to remember how exactly everything went, and as much as I can to help with the search. Even though we already know the name and author. Cause it is possible that the author could have changed her name and then also changed the name of the fic.

Again, though, thanks very much for helping.

Sleepy Shocked

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound familiar to me. Sorry I couldn't be of any help!
celisnebula
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I think I remember the story.

Hermione is destine to be alone because she fudges up and refuses to tell Snape she's his soul mate while attending Hogwarts. Fast forward I think a year or two and Snape is invited to train at an exclusive school to learn newer magical properties to thawrt Voldie Pants.

Snape discovers she's the Mistress, or rather head honcho, of another training school, where Albus and others teach or are learning too, and Snape comes to the nasty realization of what Hermione has given up.

I can't remember the name of the story, but I know it had at least 5-6 maybe more chapters.

I'd love to give you a link to it, but as far as I know the author removed the story from all the archives she/he posted to.

Celis

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mellyness
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah that sounds like the one. It seems to have completely dissapeared of the net tho, which is really sad. I always hate when such fics with potential just dissapear
Sad