Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Ministry of Magic  ~  New submission rules

jynx67
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I just want to clarify this here so everyone will be aware:

Is this a new rule that stories will remain in the queue for two days after an admin sends a correction email to give the author time to make the corrections before the chapter/story is accepted? Or is this something certain admins do?

I apologize for my ignorance, but a story I posted just a couple of weeks ago went straight through before my corrections were made. I assumed that would happen with this chapter as well. It was a bit of a shock to see only two errors and that the story had not been submitted to the archive.

Thanks for your help.
celisnebula
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Hi Jynx,

It's not a new rule. In the past everything was held in the correction queue until the author was able to correct the chapter, but that caused the correction queue to over run. Sometime last spring I think it was, the rules changed to allow a chapter that had only a few minor errors to be released to the public. While I am not 100% sure what the correction ratio is, for some reason the number 6 sticks out in my mind. It could be more or less, so I'm just using the number 6 for explanation purposes.

If there are under 6 errors, then the chapter will be released from the queues with the understanding that the author will correct those limited errors in a timely manner. If an author does not make those corrections, then they are not able to submit another chapter anywhere on Mage until those corrections are made.

If there are more than 6 errors, yet not enough to actively reject the chapter out of hand, the chapter is held in the correction queue for two days to allow the author to correct that chapter before it is released to the public.

The rest are actively rejected, with a note to the author suggesting that they retain the services of a beta, and then erased from the queues.

Thank you,
Celisnebula

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jynx67
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you see, you aren't understanding me. My story had two errors, both extremely minor, but the story was held for two days before submission. This on top of my new chapters/stories suddenly spawning on other stories and causing havoc is making me very frustrated in understanding what is going on around here.
celisnebula
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote
jynx67 wrote:
Yeah, you see, you aren't understanding me. My story had two errors, both extremely minor, but the story was held for two days before submission.

I would suggest that you email the administrator who looked over your story directly, as she can best help you on that matter.

jynx67 wrote:
This on top of my new chapters/stories suddenly spawning on other stories and causing havoc is making me very frustrated in understanding what is going on around here.

The rest, unfortunately is a glitch with the Mage system. It does it at a seemingly random pattern when certain authors submit a new chapter. The programmer is actively working on that problem, and the hope is that the system will be bug free soon.

Thank you,
Celis

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger